PT4 Leak Tracker Question

SeaRun

SeaRun

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On Leak Tracker stat list, each has a bar with 3 colours.

Am I reading this right that the grey is the range I should be in with the green being where I am for that particular stat?

While I would guess that it isn't a very accurate tool to rate my play, it may have some useful information.

Jamie

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On Leak Tracker stat list, each has a bar with 3 colours.

Am I reading this right that the grey is the range I should be in with the green being where I am for that particular stat?

While I would guess that it isn't a very accurate tool to rate my play, it may have some useful information.

Jamie

LeakTracker allows to compare your stats to the ranges of winning players, green is the median range found when we reviewed our extensive sample of winning players. Winning players do not all play the same way or style, that is why we display a range rather than make definitive statements. Consider LeakTracker to be very accurate at what it provides, due to its inaccuracy - anyone who is telling you to play a specific "style" for a stat is PROBABLY incorrect in their approach to the game, a typical player's stats are far more dynamic that a robotic "hud bot" approach tends to be. This approach is easy to understand, but the truth is most poker situations are more "grey" than they are "black and white" due to the dynamics of hand ranges, stack bet sizes.

Ultimately LeakTracker is designed to help you better understand what each stat means and how stats work together to help you create a player profile in your mind so you can estimate that opponent's range of hands or attempt to predict how that player may act or react. To help learn more about each stat and how the stat works in conjunction with other stats to help you develop a player profile see the accompanying videos inside of LeakTracker. Click the name of the stat, and the window on the right hand side will appear to give you details on how the stat is calculated along with a very comprehensive video which explains the optimal ranges for that stat.

In the example below notice how LeakTracker shows the PFR stat to be higher than the optimal winning player ranges tend to be? Yet the player shown is a mid stakes big winner. The ranges shown in LeakTracker are only a guide to help point you in the right direction and have a better understanding of stat definitions and interactions - but the reality is a winning player may be outside of these ranges, there are no fixed rules to winning play.

2014-03-24_15-47-15.png

SeaRun

SeaRun

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for your detailed response. Much clearer now!

Jamie

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's basically a very watered down version of steps 2/3 in leak buster. :)

If you're looking to do some automated database analysis, then just invest in leak buster, as it has a ton of options and features beyond the stat ranges.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide