Pokertracker AF vs. AFq by Street Stats

B

bustmethods

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am looking to add some more stats to my HUD in PT3 and am wondering which is a more useful stat by street: Aggression Factor or Aggression Frequency. The article on this site, seen here:

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php

says to use AFq, is that what everyone else would recommend? I am guessing that would take into account the villian being the one to bet or raise on that street given in a percentage? Im a bit confused as to what the differences are and which is more useful.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I would also say that AFq is a more useful stat for the HUD. The aggression frequency is an actual percentage of the hands that the player takes an aggressive action postflop while aggression factor (AF) is more of a ratio stat which makes it more difficult to interpret. AFq also takes folds into account which I think is great.

The actual calculations for the different stats can be viewed in PokerTracker 3 if you go Configure -> Configure Stats, select the correct section (in this case "Holdem Cash Player Statistics") and then go to the "Statistics" tab. The simplified formulas for these stats are:
AF = bets + raises / calls
AFq = bets + raises / calls + folds (percentage form)

Last edited:
Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide