Poker Tracker HUD

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Gents, I play tourneys exclusively so this is why I'm posting here.

Do ya'll set PT hud setting to session stats or lifetime stats?

In your opinion - what is more useful?

Thanks a bunch for the input - I'm a rook with PT.

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Session stats.

But when I want to review my play I use lifetime.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For myself session stats, since its tells at least something about my potential "table image". For other players lifetime stats or stats from a reasonable period like 3-6 month.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oddly - it seems to me life-time stats are more accurate - and reflect the more accurate "type" of player. Session stats - seem not to reflect as accurately. I might be wrong - but the stats for life time - for me - reflect more accurately on the player I'm up against. Again - this is exclusively tourney play - not cash games.

M

merlin44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if this is the proper thread to ask this but, anyone know how to show 99 instead of 100 in my pt4 hud?

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Official HM Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if this is the proper thread to ask this but, anyone know how to show 99 instead of 100 in my pt4 hud?

PT4 does not have this option currently yet for standard stats, only custom stats. I forwarded the suggestion to the PT4 team to see if it is something they might be able to easily add since HM3 has the option and it uses the same HUD engine.

Regards,

Fozzy71
Customer Support
Hold'em Manager

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually use all-time statistics, so you can collect a large sample, but more often I use only to view my data. I use h2n

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I default to lifetime, but when a player seems to be playing differently from what the lifetime stats suggest I switch him over to session stats. That happens when they are making a conscious effort to change their natural style.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion it's
You need to use the hud setting for session statistics
Lifetime statistics are useful for working on the game outside of the tables.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks again all for the input. This hud stuff is certainly 'interesting' and has come into use - a couple times so far.

The stats I am getting the most useful information from are 3bet percentage, donk turn %, and of course VPIP.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Gents, I play tourneys exclusively so this is why I'm posting here.

Do ya'll set PT hud setting to session stats or lifetime stats?

In your opinion - what is more useful?

Thanks a bunch for the input - I'm a rook with PT.

Just noticed this thread and for sure if you are going to try and use "session" for villains the only "stat" that will be worth looking at will be Vpip and PFR = you need a large sample to get any value out of your HUD in regards to villain's tendency's . I see you are getting some strange answers from others but it is clear they have never looked into the way you can use a HUD. I keep Hero (mine) set to session so I can keep track of my 3 bet mostly . Villain's are always lifetime so if I play with them enough , I might see some tendency's . Believe me if you set Villain to session and you are at the table for 25 hands , you cannot learn anything from 3 bet, C-bet , etc... like I said only Vpip and PFR are valid from this few amount of hands.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks again all for the input. This hud stuff is certainly 'interesting' and has come into use - a couple times so far.

The stats I am getting the most useful information from are 3bet percentage, donk turn %, and of course VPIP.

Your best bet is do what you are doing concentrate on the basic stats, especially in low stakes MTT's the player pools are so large it is hard to gather enough hands to get good info. NOW, I will give you a secret, LOL if you play in many CC freerolls keep your villain stats to lifetime and you will definitely pick up "leaks" from us in the freeroll club !! That advice is free of charge ! Happy hunting

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually use all-time statistics, so you can collect a large sample, but more often I use only to view my data. I use h2n
Yes, thanks for saying you need a large sample for the stats to payoff. I play low to mid MTTs and micro cash , my player pools are too large for me to really get good info on Villains ( I do have thousands of hands on CC freeroll club) so I really use my HUD for study work and to keep track of my results. I can tell when someone is playing super loose or 3 betting too much but I found I used to waste so much time building super HUDS with all kinds of Stats and pop-ups and they are not very useful EDIT I am referring to just the heads up display , I believe every online player should have a database to be able to study from Saying all of that to say this is an opinion, the great thing about a HUD is you can do whatever you want with yours

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your best bet is do what you are doing concentrate on the basic stats, especially in low stakes MTT's the player pools are so large it is hard to gather enough hands to get good info. NOW, I will give you a secret, LOL if you play in many CC freerolls keep your villain stats to lifetime and you will definitely pick up "leaks" from us in the freeroll club !! That advice is free of charge ! Happy hunting

Thanks J.
Yeah - for sure the most useful setting is life-time vs my player pool.
Certainly a low number of hands (under 100) isn't a great reflection on a players overall play style, but even playing against certain aggressive players within a small amount of hands, we can deduce they 3bet light, and are stations when getting 4bet. :)

The more I get used to my HUD the more I find it useful. Donk flop is a stat I added to my HUD - because it is crazy how many weak players donk the flop with weak hands multi-way or head up.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide