Poker Tools - Poker Training Sites

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am curious to know how CardsChat members feel about the cost of Training Sites. One example: Doug Polk's Upswing Poker has released a Tournament course by Nick Petrangelo ; called Winning Poker Tournaments. First I want to say that Nick is definitely a winning high stakes crusher. No doubt about that. Upswing Poker has always put out "good" products, by that I mean products with value, and access to other poker players to discuss hands and strategy. I think this is just as or more valuable than the initial course. Being able to "talk" Poker with other like minded players is always the number 1 or 2 when successful pros talk about what helped them to reach the top of their field.

Sorry, for going on and on, but I wanted to explain what I think is important when it comes to paying money for Poker tools. Saying all of that - To ask is $999 for this course something that anyone on CardsChat would consider? I could use profits from last year to pay that much. I am just curious to hear other opinions on this and any other Poker courses.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am curious to know how CardsChat members feel about the cost of Training Sites. One example: Doug Polk's Upswing Poker has released a Tournament course by Nick Petrangelo ; called Winning Poker Tournaments. First I want to say that Nick is definitely a winning high stakes crusher. No doubt about that. Upswing Poker has always put out "good" products, by that I mean products with value, and access to other poker players to discuss hands and strategy. I think this is just as or more valuable than the initial course. Being able to "talk" Poker with other like minded players is always the number 1 or 2 when successful pros talk about what helped them to reach the top of their field.

Sorry, for going on and on, but I wanted to explain what I think is important when it comes to paying money for Poker tools. Saying all of that - To ask is $999 for this course something that anyone on CardsChat would consider? I could use profits from last year to pay that much. I am just curious to hear other opinions on this and any other Poker courses.

Thank you for posting.

You can get 3 years at pokercoaching.com for that price. If you are not playing high stakes tournaments 25 k plus maybe that would be the better choice.

You get one free week try it out see what it offers. Jonathan Little has developed a very good training product.

Hope this helps.

:):)

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker trading courses, online

I am of a skeptic, but the 1/2 games and tournaments I play, most players are not playing with any reason. I mean, if you are playing aggressive, some one will get pissy and just call with72o just trying to get lucky and bust you. Or plot all in with crap and you get donked, with a large pick pair, only because you beat them out of a big pot earlier.

It is good to have more information, because now you can tell who has done some study and who is a donk. But, I got donkey 3 hands in a row, because I played a higher hand with 9 10 suited and won, force a table of limpers to fold so I would be heads up against a short stack with AJ o. I won. the table erupted with awesome oohhhh, and wtf I folded AK s. After that, everyone called everything, my JJ lost to 75o.

But $1000 bucks seems like a gouge, especially if you a Canadian and the price turns out to be a real $1400 cdn with exchanges.

T1ltmonkey

T1ltmonkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it relates to what stakes you play. I play micros and occasional small stakes, and a $1000 course would be absolute overkill for me. A micro player doesn't really need advanced theory, when solid fundamentals will take you a long way. Without knowing the contents of this particular MTT course, I would expect it to be more relevant for people playing higher stakes.

I have tried a few options over the years. I really like Red Chip Poker's CORE program at $5 weekly (so around $250 per year). It does a very good job of teaching good fundamental poker - and I can reasonably win the investment back at the tables.

I did also splash out for one year of the Upswing Poker Lab. It was a little too expensive given my stakes and the low volume I play, but very good info and helpful in my development.

I have tried other training sites too but the two above are the ones I would recommend.

CGreen

CGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like both the Upswing Poker Lab and also Red Chip Poker Core and Pro. I am new with Upswing, but am impressed with what I have already seen!
2020 is the year to take my poker knowledge to the next level!
I am not ready to get the 999 dollar course mentioned in this thread. But...if I earn enough from poker skills to justify that price, I would reinvest that.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never paid a dime for any course or hairdresser even in decades am using the same old electric razor since the 1990s and am a big believer in D.I.Y.;)
Break the glass 50 times you must be joking jsnake716 no thanks count me out that buys lot of other essentials first before paying for any study hope who ever pays for this gets something out of it though good luck.
emergency-1024x683.jpg

Last edited: