Poker software that helpful?

A

aolguin3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few months ago i decided to download and try the free trial for Poker Tracker 4 and my game improved dramatically and was usually cashing and running deep in small tournaments. After the free trial was over my game just went nuts and I wasn't able to cash as regularly and neither was going deep at all, so am I the only one with this problem? Is poker software that helpful? or is it only in my mind?

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, to fix the problem, if you are not going to get the software back, is to learn what the software did and do it yourself. Most of the software takes information that is being saved to your computer anyways, you can analyze that info yourself and make adjustments to your game. The other side of the software is to rate the hand you have while playing, and you can learn to do this yourself as well..

I love software tools because you dont have to do the leg work yourself, but you can do anything the tools do it just takes a lot longer, and you need to learn what it is telling you, so you can do it yourself when the software isnt available or perhaps you are playing live

A

aolguin3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea it seems most of it I can do it myself, and as far as hand ranges I have been doing it, the only thing that is affecting me is when I had it in positional view where it would tell me were was I losing money and were was I winning the most, such as BB or the Button. Another thing that I use very ofter was to see other players stats and make calls/folds based on that. Many of the times I was making calls that I wouldn't ever do without the software. Right now I'm thinking in investing the $99 it cost or so and just hope I get back on track.

Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can play without it but software helps you to learn faster and improve your skills. So I think that if you have an opportunity to use software - do it. There are a lot of good training software like Leak buster, ace poker drills etc. Leak buster is good cause it analyzes your game, finds leaks and help to prevent them in future.

44Blackhawk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I run PT3 in the background to keep track of stats and analyze my play. I use Holdem Indicator as my HUD as it gives me the ev of my hand preflop by position and pot odds post flop as well as mathematical odd of winning the hand. I also found Omaha Indicator indispensable for learning how to play both PLO and O8. Do I need any of them to play? No. But I feel the more info you have at a glance the better off you are. I also assume many opponents have the same info available to them.

A

aolguin3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok since this post I only checked my stats at Holdem Manager and just checked my leaks but got very few understanding information when I did, but I tried to change the things I did understood and right now my game seems to be better than when I was running poker tracker.

Karabas

Karabas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me as just Holdem Manger prompter for lazy people who do not want to follow the game of others, or to play on several tables at once, which you do not have time to keep track of all .

H

heraldyswift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case,i only started using HM2 when got serious playing poker. It helps me study and analyse my game and with its addon Leak buster, holdem manager tells me where and how did i lose my money.

P

pro100cheek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me as just Holdem Manger prompter for lazy people who do not want to follow the game of others, or to play on several tables at once, which you do not have time to keep track of all .

The friend, I doesn't agree with you! On the contrary, Holdem manager allows, to overcome difficulties in game!: Joyman:

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a big fan of poker software but PokerStove and Universal Replayer are okay.