Poker software.

gavitocard

gavitocard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your opinion of programs that help players in poker. For example, Hold'em Manager, PokerTracker, Icmizer, you think it's okay to use it. Does it generate any advantage to use it in an online tournament?

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I believe that all these programs give an advantage in the game only to those people who understand this.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably some advantage, but I never additional, auxiliary software is not used. I think you need to think with your mind, without prompting.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did not have to use helper programs. And even there is no desire to try them.

M

MilesTheGOAT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your opinion of programs that help players in poker. For example, Hold'em Manager, PokerTracker, Icmizer, you think it's okay to use it. Does it generate any advantage to use it in an online tournament?

They do provide an advantage but not much, I myself use Poker Copilot but not really to use the information displayed on the HUD but more to track my game and see where I can improve, looking at your strong and weak points and then building on them is one of the best ways to improve in my opinion.

Astokato

Astokato

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have pt4 some years. it gives a very small advantage.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
is good question... i new at poker and purchased so so many software helper programs... and most available huds
i suppose i trying to find a "magic thing" that goin help me play better... doesn't work!
the huds need 1000s of hands to be meaningful, and all the stats beyond VPIP and PFR make my head explode
where software help me is in review of hand after
PT4 and Poker CoPilot best for me and PokerCopilot seems simpler to use (for blondes lol)
flopzillia is another valuable one - it helps with "what if" scenarios to get the %
poker snowie is a good practice/training thing
when play pokerstars jivario is a pretty lookin thing with the colourful thermometers

after 15 months play poker i come to conclusion
1. is no magic helper thing
2. is no substitute for experience - play, play and play some more

M

MilesTheGOAT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi hi
is good question... i new at poker and purchased so so many software helper programs... and most available huds
i suppose i trying to find a "magic thing" that goin help me play better... doesn't work!
the huds need 1000s of hands to be meaningful, and all the stats beyond VPIP and PFR make my head explode
where software help me is in review of hand after
PT4 and Poker CoPilot best for me and PokerCopilot seems simpler to use (for blondes lol)
flopzillia is another valuable one - it helps with "what if" scenarios to get the %
poker snowie is a good practice/training thing
when play PokerStars jivario is a pretty lookin thing with the colourful thermometers

after 15 months play poker i come to conclusion
1. is no magic helper thing
2. is no substitute for experience - play, play and play some more

Good bit of info for you here OP, one of the things I’ve read a lot when people are doing bankroll challenges is simply learning the game and knowing more about it than most opponents at the table.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
There is one thing that softwares do not and can not help
Is decision making
How you can help a fish to swin surrounded by sharks?
Also people make decisions based on several facts and mood which
software dont have
Rgds

danix

danix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These programs make a good contribution to decision making as they present information from opponents that you would have no way of knowing otherwise than by playing across screens you have no way of paying attention to what happens. To really gain advantage at the moment of the game the player has to study these programs hard and they are quite complex. Let it be clear that the best way to gain advantage over opponents is to play hard and pay close attention to what happens at the tables.