Poker Programs (PP) !

W

Was1969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Do Poker Programs (PP) really help? I think not. They give a lot of any information, and the opponents do not play standard.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker solvers do give a lot of info. The user must interpret and know how to incorporate it into their game against each opponent, which could be very different from opponent to another. They are not a DO THIS/DO THAT answer program, they are just a tool to use.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it does help. it tracks the table for you for off table study and while playing, you get to know the tendency of the players in that table. The software just gives info and its up for you know how to use it. If you just started using a HUD, I suggest sticking with the basic stats so you do not get overwhelmed with the info.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like having access to VPIP. You get to know the looser, more aggressive players pretty quickly but when somebody you haven’t noticed all of a sudden starts betting it’s nice to have confirmation that he’s actually been at the table doing nothing for the past half hour.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Programs can be very helpful and dangerous for you to use. They are super helpful in reviewing you games and replaying hands. The information you get from them can be good but may not be accurate as well.

Take VIP. Good to know how many hands there playing but you need about 1K hands to really know what there playing and even then its not perfect. Also how often you are running into player is an issue. Play a LAG today and next time 6 months layer you see him and play him based on the information you see, Problem is he has changed to a total nit and you may lose your stack. Also day to day the number can vary on a player. When reviewing my results I can see days I was super tight all the way to border line maniac.

While I do track my results I prefer just watching and making my own evaluations and taking notes. I see more changes and differences in the players this way.