Poker Genius - Can you beat the bots?

W

wdpcpa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a trip planned in October so I need to get some practice in between now and then. I am not a good poker player. I picked up a part of a midstack strategy. It's not really a full strategy. Only limited help post flop. Not much on cut-off play.

But still, I needed hands. I found Poker Genius for $39 so that was cheap enough. I had the previous version of the software. I play 1/2NL full ring against the AI bots. They play fairly tight unlike the chips only places I tried to practice. I can get a 100 hands in pretty fast and then stop and research specific questions. I am thinking the guys in Vegas won't on average be as good.

How about it? Anyone here been able to regularly beat these bots?

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it is possible. I played against bots in another program. The game obeys the algorithm. There are all ranges that simulate the game of different opponents.

Watcheman

Watcheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how in Vegas but on pokerstars there are players like bots and animals at one moment... :D
I have a trip planned in October so I need to get some practice in between now and then. I am not a good poker player. I picked up a part of a midstack strategy. It's not really a full strategy. Only limited help post flop. Not much on cut-off play.

But still, I needed hands. I found Poker Genius for $39 so that was cheap enough. I had the previous version of the software. I play 1/2NL full ring against the AI bots. They play fairly tight unlike the chips only places I tried to practice. I can get a 100 hands in pretty fast and then stop and research specific questions. I am thinking the guys in Vegas won't on average be as good.

How about it? Anyone here been able to regularly beat these bots?