Poker Edge Software....Is It Fair?

K

Kennyseven

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering if Poker Edge Software was legal or not. My friend says it is banned software. I recently looked up the site and typed my name in it. It had the type of player that I am and also had my stats. I find this a little disturbing. And this was totally free of charge. I can type anyones handle in and it will tell me the players style of play. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Kerope

Kerope

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it's legal at bodog.
They have a Poker-Edge.com tournament.
Of course, I watched it, and made a note on each player, and if I play them I play completely crazy to screw up their stats.

iamchris

iamchris

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it's legal at Bodog.
They have a Poker-Edge.com tournament.
Of course, I watched it, and made a note on each player, and if I play them I play completely crazy to screw up their stats.

smart idea...it is banned at pokerstars, but I don't think at any other poker sites. I don't see the need for it to be banned, it is a piece of software that helps you keep notes on other players and how they play.

Kerope

Kerope

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They keep notes on players in a database, and keep records of all your plays, etc. that everyone who has the software can access. So I do see it as unfair. but I do waht I can to counter act by keeping notes of who uses it that I know of.

If you sit at a table with someone you know uses it, look yourself up, and play completely different that what it says, Seems like the users of it take what it says as gospel.

I think in the long run, its mainly used by bad players trying to get that advantage, instead of actucally learning to play.