Playing Statistics

M

mozartk551

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I see some people posting these stats which I get on some of the online poker sites. I find them good to tell me how I am playing. i would like to start to use a site that compiles this info to see my progression or non-progression as a player. Any suggestions?

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see some people posting these stats which I get on some of the online poker sites. I find them good to tell me how I am playing. i would like to start to use a site that compiles this info to see my progression or non-progression as a player. Any suggestions?

Generally speaking the poker rooms do not compile this information for you, you must use a third party application to do this. Tracking tools import your hand histories into a database stored on your local computer, and convert this data into statistics. You can download a free trial of any of the most commonly used tracking applications - including ours - so you can try them yourself to see if using a tracker will improve your playing workflow. Good luck!

PS: We are the developers of PokerTracker

Shempstir

Shempstir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally speaking the poker rooms do not compile this information for you, you must use a third party application to do this. Tracking tools import your hand histories into a database stored on your local computer, and convert this data into statistics. You can download a free trial of any of the most commonly used tracking applications - including ours - so you can try them yourself to see if using a tracker will improve your playing workflow. Good luck!

PS: We are the developers of PokerTracker
I was wondering how does your software work on an external hard drive. My main hard drive is over 3/4 full so I bought a external hard drive for pic and music mostly. I have tried using other softwares that used a database from the external hard drive and the software did not function properly.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was wondering how does your software work on an external hard drive. My main hard drive is over 3/4 full so I bought a external hard drive for pic and music mostly. I have tried using other softwares that used a database from the external hard drive and the software did not function properly.

In that case, the chances are high that our software will also not work well on your external drive since we use an enterprise class PostgreSQL database. We require a 7200 RPM drive or faster on SATA to work, USB drives are too slow to pass the data, but the new Thunderbolt SSD drives will work - but I assume you do not have access to a Thunderbolt port since your computer appears to be older.

For details please see the minimum system requirements here: https://www.pokertracker.com/faq/PT4#Minimum_Requirements

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

There's no denying that PokerTracker is a fantastic tool and it feels a bit weird to sidle in here but based on your system requirements, you could try PokerData. It stores your hands in the cloud rather than locally, so you won't have to worry about hard drive space requirements. Give it a try - it's free!