Opinions on HUDs

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just curious what peoples opinions on using HUDs while playing are? Honestly, I think they are a joke and for people who aren't truly good at poker as any good player actually pays attention and can retain that data themselves IMO. I also think they should be banned in any tournament atmosphere but just curious what other peoples opinions are...

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just curious what peoples opinions on using HUDs while playing are? Honestly, I think they are a joke and for people who aren't truly good at poker as any good player actually pays attention and can retain that data themselves IMO. I also think they should be banned in any tournament atmosphere but just curious what other peoples opinions are...

I agree with your sentiments. I'm sure HUDs have their advantages but I play online just as I would live. A player can't expect to use a HUD all the time and then sit in live events and make good decisions. Plus, I think there are a lot of things that a HUD can't measure. Admittedly, I am not an expert on them because I have never used one personally, but I do have friends who use them (funny that my results are almost always better).

For me, I prefer to watch my opponents, judge how the table is playing and adjust my strategy accordingly. I like to mix up my play just to mess with HUDs and other observant players (the non-observant ones are easy to beat... and those that rely on HUDs will make bad decisions when you mix up your play).

I'm sure there will be a lot of different takes on this subject, mine is to learn to play and sharpen your skills every day.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

When a hud is used properly they can help a good player to exploit there opponents. If you can retain all the data a hud can display then your some sort of genius. Why do you think they should be banned?