Open Source GTO Trainer / Library

M

Misanthrop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
I wanted to ask if anybody knows how it is possible that there is no real open source GTO tool, which fulfills "all the needs".

If I compare it to chess - I don't understand how something can be worth like 80$ PER MONTH.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A GTO solution is worth $80+ per month for a player's training need when they are grinding $100+ buy-in online MTTs or equivalent large cash games. Those players are looking to make $10,000 or more a month.

I would agree is probably too expensive for micro/low stake grinders.

M

Misanthrop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
I totally get that part of the equation. What I don't understand is how is it possible that the baselines of these engines isn't public knowledge and therefore can be found in multiple open sources or science projects.

I mean it isn't that there is only one business which found the secret of poker and can keep it... To my understanding it is solved and multiple companies can ask a ton of money for it.

I hope this post clarifies a bit what I mean

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I tried GTO Wizard recently. People were saying that the free version had lots of features.

After a couple of days I started to getting limited to 10 hands a day in the drill/practice mode, I don't know if that's a recent change or was always the case? Could swear I played 200 or more on my first day. I was under the impression it was unlimited in certain modes.

Been looking at GTO+ as it seems like a cost-effective solution. Still have to pay but cheaper than the others and it's a one-time payment too.

Last edited:
F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
evthealien

evthealien

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think these might be useful:

Has anyone tried TexasSolver? If so, are there any big limitations?

$250 or $500 is a lot for lower stakes players. You gotta study and play a lot of poker for it to be worth it. I agree with NootNoot that GTO+ looks reasonable. Probably the only option that makes sense for a lot of players.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanted to ask if anybody knows how it is possible that there is no real open source GTO tool, which fulfills "all the needs".

If I compare it to chess - I don't understand how something can be worth like 80$ PER MONTH.
There is a completely free GTO desktop tool and there is also a cheap alternative to the more expensive tools.
- https://github.com/b-inary/desktop-postflop completely free and it is as accurate as any payed tool
- GTO+ (https://www.gtoplus.com/) 75$ onetime payment

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally get that part of the equation. What I don't understand is how is it possible that the baselines of these engines isn't public knowledge and therefore can be found in multiple open sources or science projects.

I mean it isn't that there is only one business which found the secret of poker and can keep it... To my understanding it is solved and multiple companies can ask a ton of money for it.

I hope this post clarifies a bit what I mean
The issue is two fold- one you can make money from it so why do free---two- "poker" is not solved not even close-HU poker is-- add 1 more player into the mix and 3 way solvers are no where near being solved

M

Misanthrop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Of course you are right it is not solved. I thought it was because AIs outplay humans already (I hope this is right at least)

Your argument regarding money is valid of course, but this is applicable for almost everything in the world. As there are already so many gto solvers I am still confused that none completely free exist (that cover all parts of the game), maybe this changes in the next years...