New-Poker Tracker 4

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's because PT3 was not stable at the time of release not because it keeps adding a million sites to support.
PT4 will be released like Windows 8 will be released not long after Windows 7.
PT3 lost a lot of customers to HEM. They wish to gain them back without much features added for a major release.

There were some updates that provided additional site support.

There were some updates that fixed import problems caused by a site unexpectedly changing its HH format.

So why do you think they need to know, at this point in time, about sites that do not currently exist when they can release an update to include additional site support?

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tried to use it once never could figure out what i was doin so gave up
then again grandson had to show me how to turn puter on
lol
looks like back to live home games again

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HEM is likewise in a development cycle for a new version, and development hasn't slowed down either AFAIK. It would be pretty silly and knee-jerk to just stop a release and layoff your developers because your US market is partially in limbo.

I thought that I'd note that when I posted this, I was under NDA and couldn't say more, but officially today the NDA was lifted on HM2. I've been an Alpha tester since around Black Friday.

I created a HM2 announcement thread here since it looks like nobody has yet.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought that I'd note that when I posted this, I was under NDA and couldn't say more, but officially today the NDA was lifted on HM2. I've been an Alpha tester since around Black Friday.

I created a HM2 announcement thread here since it looks like nobody has yet.

I've had HM2 for ages!

Likewise I couldnt say anything.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've had HM2 for ages!

Likewise I couldnt say anything.

Sweet! Another in the super sekrit brotherhood! :D

I suspected CC might have had a few, but I haven't been terribly active in the the Alpha forum to see who all I might have recognized.

A

Adam8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks awesome im liking the feature where you can click on the graph to find a specific hand, when is PT4 going to be available and will there be a free trial?

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is it exactly >?

It is software that people use to track their hands so they can analyze and improve their game.. among other things. Check out the link in the OP or use the search button, there are tons of posts about it all over this forum and info about it all over the internet in genera.

how advantagous is poker tracker

Quite advantageous.

Also, I wonder if they are going to re-charge everyone like they did when they went from PT2 to PT3

Looks like they are. I saw this on the page the OP linked :
"Upgrade Price: To be announced, we can assure you it will be very reasonable for existing owners of PokerTracker 3"

Is HEM gonna charge for users upgrading from HEM1 TO HEM2 does anyone know?

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on how long you've owned it for I'm pretty sure - less than a year and you get a discount, longer than a year and full price, since May 1st and it's free

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BUMP

When this actually being released? I thought it was supposed to be at the end of 2011?

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The beta is out and anyone can use it for free. I've been using it and still learning all the in and outs of it but so far I'm impressed by it.

seqas

seqas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BUMP

When this actually being released? I thought it was supposed to be at the end of 2011?

this i have thought about lots of times! isent there any info at all and how long can you test the beta? i havent yet, due to if any probs would come while using

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The beta is pretty stable, heck the alphas were pretty stable for that matter. There's no downside to being a tester so no reason not to, especially if you don't already use a tracker. If you do use another tracker, then it can be tedious managing the multiple databases, but it's possible.

Assuming they do the same as with PT3 and HM1/HM2 (and I don't know why they wouldn't) you can beta test up until release.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am currently running both PT3 and PT4. The first look at 4 was that I was impressed with the setups for each site, then I found more stuff and am leaning to the PT4 more and more, plus, PT4 beta includes Omaha, normally a $$$ add-on.

Initially I was shocked at the hud, mainly because it started out with different stats. Spent a few minutes figuring it out and all is sane. PT4 has more relevant stats for each position.

I imagine that when actual release comes along, I will feel forced to buy it. Mainly for the Omaha part of it. However, as a long time PT3 ( I won my PT3 license) user, they could easily price me out. I would still have my PT3 for a long while.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide