Need help getting started with Hold'em Manager and ICMizer

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am very much interested in analyzing my poker game AFTER I play and having a program find my leaks and advise me on how to fix them. I have a college degree so I don’t think I’m all that stupid, but I am just lost. Tried to install both holdem manager and ICMizer and I am just completely lost. Please advise a computer illiterate.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Let's try to do at least something...

Personally I don't use either of those - I use other things - but software is just software.

So what have you done so far, and what has failed? Have you seen any error messages? Are you using Windows 10?

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
have you tried looking for tutorials on youtube?

there is a lot of material teaching step by step, from installation to use.

I believe it will be the easiest way.

GL ;)

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's try to do at least something...

Personally I don't use either of those - I use other things - but software is just software.

So what have you done so far, and what has failed? Have you seen any error messages? Are you using Windows 10?

I have installed the free trial of HM3, but I have no idea what to do next. If it’s just for cash games I’m not gonna use it anyway.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have you tried looking for tutorials on youtube?

there is a lot of material teaching step by step, from installation to use.

I believe it will be the easiest way.

GL ;)

I can’t learn by video. I’d have to pause it so often I’d never finish.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I have installed the free trial of HM3, but I have no idea what to do next. If it’s just for cash games I’m not gonna use it anyway.
I'm not sure if the free trial has some limitations (probably not), but HM3 is widely used also by tournament players.

If this is all new to you then it is better to familiarize yourself first with HM3 and worry about Icmizer later.

Go through the FAQ and tackle one problem at a time...
https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faq/Holdem-Manager-3

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Memory, learn from your mistakes and take notes so you wont repeat as often and create discipline within yourself. I believe no study will be as valuable as learning from experience so learn positions and when you feel you played bad make note of it and tell yourself you wont do that play ever again.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure if the free trial has some limitations (probably not), but HM3 is widely used also by tournament players.

If this is all new to you then it is better to familiarize yourself first with HM3 and worry about Icmizer later.

Go through the FAQ and tackle one problem at a time...
https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faq/Holdem-Manager-3

Got lost on the very first instruction. I know where to find my hand history within my poker software, but I have no idea how to tell where it’s saved or what they want me to do with it from there

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Got lost on the very first instruction. I know where to find my hand history within my poker software, but I have no idea how to tell where it’s saved or what they want me to do with it from there
If you already know where to find your hand history inside a poker client then you are one step closer to solution.

I don't know about other clients but pokerstars does show you the path where your history is located on your computer.
Path

If you have previous hands available you can manually import them. HM3 could be smart enough to automatically sniff the path for you, or if it doesn't you can now navigate to the location by yourself.

https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faqView/Holdem-Manager-3/218/Importing-Hands

If you are using another poker client then Google is your friend. You can simply search e.g. "poker site name hand history location".

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got HM3 up and running (or at least I think I do), but I have no idea what I can learn from it. Any tips on using it to fix leaks?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I have no idea what I can learn from it. Any tips on using it to fix leaks?

It all depends...

First you have to be aware what kind of actions are considered leaks. This has nothing to do with HM3, it is only poker knowledge.

Once you have accumulated large sample of hand histories you can start evaluating your own actions, and learn about your tendencies in different situations. Are your actions considered leaks?

You can use HM3 during play on poker sites that allow the use of it. It can help you to learn from your opponents, and to defeat them once you know how they act in most situations.

Hold'em Manager has been around for quite some time. Tons of learning material has already been written of it, and it would be counterproductive for me to repeat it.

Dive in! Search and learn, and become the skilled user that you wish to be.