• Thread starter schnozzinkobenstein
  • Start date
C

Chiptrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
absoluthamm, I just wandered around the demo and was favorably impressed. You said you have it - is it worth it?

It totally sucks. I would not get it. :p It's kind of one of those tools you almost don't want too many people to know about.

I've been using it since the first week it was released. I posted a short review on the Hm forums. I'm only a 50nl player, but I would say that it's helped my game more than anything else I've done... training sites, books, and coaching (although I didn't like my coach).

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chip, thanks for the endorsement and your thoughts, very useful!

C

Chiptrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chip, thanks for the endorsement and your thoughts, very useful!

You're welcome. A few of my poker skype "buddies" joke that we should post around on all the poker forums bad reviews about it. Don't want too many people to know about it. I like the developers too much though, they're good people, so I could never do that. But... I've thought about it. :D

povar

povar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It totally sucks. I would not get it. :p It's kind of one of those tools you almost don't want too many people to know about.

I've been using it since the first week it was released. I posted a short review on the Hm forums. I'm only a 50nl player, but I would say that it's helped my game more than anything else I've done... training sites, books, and coaching (although I didn't like my coach).

I've recently read "do not buy leak buster" thread at hm forums and now I wish to purchase this software :) I've also found that Ace Poker (Leak buster developers) inflated prices on this program.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are calculators like Texas Calculatem allowed to be used while playing on stars and full tilt?

I see this...
""1. Programs that provide specific recommendations or assistance for betting decisions during live play:
Programs that suggest betting actions (i.e. fold, call or raise) in current situations and software that provides assistance in making this type of decision cannot be used during play. For example, poker calculators that automatically extract the current situation from a live game and compute hand probabilities and odds are not permitted. ""

Would those be considered that?^ I was wondering cuz I wouldn't mind trying a free one, but only if they are allowed. I do have pokerstove, which is a little different right? And I have used pokerstove while FTP is open, that is not against the rules is it?

C

Chiptrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've recently read "do not buy leak buster" thread at hm forums and now I wish to purchase this software :) I've also found that Ace Poker (Leak buster developers) inflated prices on this program.

I don't think so. It's the same price as it's been.

Anyone interested in a Leak Buster study group? I'm working out some of the step 3 and step 6 filters, but want to compare some information with others.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so. It's the same price as it's been.

Anyone interested in a Leak Buster study group? I'm working out some of the step 3 and step 6 filters, but want to compare some information with others.

Yes, I'm interested, pm me in a couple of days so we can see if anyone else is interested. I'm still wandering through steps 1-3, haven't really done anything substantial beyond that.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
absoluthamm, I just wandered around the demo and was favorably impressed. You said you have it - is it worth it?

Sorry about taking a while on the reply sly. It is a very good piece of software, but I would only suggest you should buy it if you're really going to dive into it, because that's really the only way that you will get anything out of it(obvious, I know...). I don't think you're one of these people at all, but you get people on here all of the time asking if they should buy some software and then they are pissed when it doesn't make them better, but at the same time they just opened it twice and just glanced at it and expected to miraculously become better without putting anything into it. From what I know of you sly, I think you would absolutely benefit from it.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry about taking a while on the reply sly. It is a very good piece of software, but I would only suggest you should buy it if you're really going to dive into it, because that's really the only way that you will get anything out of it(obvious, I know...). I don't think you're one of these people at all, but you get people on here all of the time asking if they should buy some software and then they are pissed when it doesn't make them better, but at the same time they just opened it twice and just glanced at it and expected to miraculously become better without putting anything into it. From what I know of you sly, I think you would absolutely benefit from it.

Tks! I ended up buying it, and you're absolutely right, if you're not willing to invest a ton of time in it, it's not worth it.

However, if you are willing to invest the time... I've already started making changes in my game based on the analysis - another 20k-30k hands, and I'll be able to start evaluating the changes (2 - 3 weeks for me) - but I can already see some dramatic differences that are having an impact (now if I could just stop running so far below Ev in all in pots... :D ).

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omaha version supposed to come out late feb/early march...

can't wait!

C

Chiptrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I'm interested, pm me in a couple of days so we can see if anyone else is interested. I'm still wandering through steps 1-3, haven't really done anything substantial beyond that.

I was out of town for a bit, but I'll PM you know. I really want to focus on step 6 mostly. I've been shifting into 100nl lately, so hopefully that's not too low for you.

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just looked at their site. It looks really interesting. I use PT3 regularly, and one thing i've always been disappointed with is a module like "leak buster" missing from PT3. Call me lazy, but its nice to be able to just click a button and have a program give me the results, without me having to create the formulas and stuff to begin with.

One thing thats a turn off though. I see that PT3 is no longer supported. Although its most recent update is January 2010, I'm not really crazy about forking out 50 bucks for a program that won't be updated in the future.

C

Chiptrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just looked at their site. It looks really interesting. I use PT3 regularly, and one thing i've always been disappointed with is a module like "leak buster" missing from PT3. Call me lazy, but its nice to be able to just click a button and have a program give me the results, without me having to create the formulas and stuff to begin with.

One thing thats a turn off though. I see that PT3 is no longer supported. Although its most recent update is January 2010, I'm not really crazy about forking out 50 bucks for a program that won't be updated in the future.

I'm with you 100%. I used PT2 for several years, and then weighed whether I wanted to go with PT3 or HM. PT3 seemed a little more powerful to me at the time, but it was too overwhelming to pretty much have to program it to do what I wanted. So I ended up getting HM, which seemed at the time a little more intuitive and easier to use. I actually ended up getting PT3 also though :), but I use HM.

Leak Buster made a lot of things much easier for me, so very happy with it. I don't know what the deal is with PT3. I thought it was supported as a separate program. I can ask the developer on the HM forums about this though.

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm with you 100%. I used PT2 for several years, and then weighed whether I wanted to go with PT3 or HM. PT3 seemed a little more powerful to me at the time, but it was too overwhelming to pretty much have to program it to do what I wanted. So I ended up getting HM, which seemed at the time a little more intuitive and easier to use. I actually ended up getting PT3 also though :), but I use HM.

Leak Buster made a lot of things much easier for me, so very happy with it. I don't know what the deal is with PT3. I thought it was supported as a separate program. I can ask the developer on the HM forums about this though.

Says right on their website that PT3 support is discontinued as of January 2010....too bad

C

Chiptrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Says right on their website that PT3 support is discontinued as of January 2010....too bad

I PMed their support yesterday and they told me that HM wanted an exclusive contract with them and offered them a really good deal, so they had to stop development of the PT3 version. :(

But the HM version is pretty sweet. And for me it's a non-issue since I own both HM and PT3.

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Leak buster is a good program to evaluate your play after 10000 hands or so. It also allows you to evaluate everyone in your database to spot there leaks.

Worth the money imo

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am considering purchasing leakbuster at the moment. Is there a free trial that you can get for a certian amount of days? I have the trial on HEM where you can only get a limited amount of info but would love to see the rest of it before purchasing.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am considering purchasing leakbuster at the moment. Is there a free trial that you can get for a certian amount of days? I have the trial on HEM where you can only get a limited amount of info but would love to see the rest of it before purchasing.
You should probably work on buying HEM first before you think about buying LeakBuster...

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should probably work on buying HEM first before you think about buying LeakBuster...

I think stubzy means that he's got the free trial for Leakbuster on the version of HEM that he's already purchased?

That's the only trial I'm aware of. If you find the trial info helpful (it doesn't provide all the leaks, just points out a couple of possible leaks), the full version is very very helpful. It identified 16 major leaks and 4 minor leaks for me, all of which made sense to me. Some I knew I had, some didn't occur to me. And it provides practical advice on how to address the leaks.

As pointed out before, it requires an enormous investment of time to make it worthwhile. I'm finding it very worthwhile fwiw, but I'm also spending a ton of time on it.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeh sly knows what I was trying to get out, I have the full version of HEM and have the free trial of Leakbuster comes with it.

The leaks that the trial has pointed out have already helped me so I think the full version really cant hurt my game.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does it compare your stats with "known optimal stats" or with your competition that is collected in your database? Some thing like looking at specific positions or groups of hands (small pocket pairs, big pocket pairs, ect) would be separate from the quality/level of your competition, I guess, but for example if you played 50nl on Tilt and also 50nl on a European site, would it have advice for differences in the player pool? Or be able to compare the Rush poker player pool versus regular cash games pool?

C

Chiptrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think stubzy means that he's got the free trial for Leakbuster on the version of HEM that he's already purchased?

That's the only trial I'm aware of. If you find the trial info helpful (it doesn't provide all the leaks, just points out a couple of possible leaks), the full version is very very helpful. It identified 16 major leaks and 4 minor leaks for me, all of which made sense to me. Some I knew I had, some didn't occur to me. And it provides practical advice on how to address the leaks.

As pointed out before, it requires an enormous investment of time to make it worthwhile. I'm finding it very worthwhile fwiw, but I'm also spending a ton of time on it.

I kind of looked at it as accelerating my learning curve really. Having received coaching, and been on a couple of top training sites (CR's, dueces), the amount of time I spend watching videos, etc.. takes quite a bit of time. I think one of the cool things for me was that it also had training material specifically for my leak. On other training sites, I need to know my leak, and then go search through hundreds of videos that address it. Then when I do find a video, a lot of times it didn't really even address the issue, so I just wasted an hour of my time.

Also, coaching can get quite expensive. Not that Leak Buster can replace coaching, but I think it's pointed out a lot of things that would take a coach a while to find. I've been playing for a few years now, but never really serious until this past year. When I got leak buster I think I had about the same number of leaks as you (17), and was marginally winning at 25nl. I've got my leaks down to 6! and I recently moved to 100nl. I don't attribute that all to Leak Buster, but there are a lot of things it's helped me with. FWIW I got it when it was first released.

Did you get my PM?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does it compare your stats with "known optimal stats" or with your competition that is collected in your database? Some thing like looking at specific positions or groups of hands (small pocket pairs, big pocket pairs, ect) would be separate from the quality/level of your competition, I guess, but for example if you played 50nl on Tilt and also 50nl on a European site, would it have advice for differences in the player pool? Or be able to compare the Rush poker player pool versus regular cash games pool?

The comparison is to data sampling performed on winning players, you can do FR or 6max, it isn't site specific and not specific to your db. Rush isn't taken into account.

C

Chiptrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The comparison is to data sampling performed on winning players, you can do FR or 6max, it isn't site specific and not specific to your db. Rush isn't taken into account.

You can just run Leak Buster on Rush or filter it out.

Do you still want to try and go over some of the filters in Leak Buster? I sent you a PM with my e-mail. Just let me know.