Huds...Do I really need one???

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah if you are multi tabling its a must!!! the more tables the harder to focus, but for me i like to play cash on soft sites and not play too much tables just simpler to me, im not into the whole multi tabling thing just yet

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how many times I've had a great hand. Raise, and get a re raise on what should be an insta re raise from me, only to look over and see the Villain is running 11/7 with a huge aggression factor.

Saved by the HUD

-

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you learn how to use it properly then its a good thing. I have it and find it useful but be alot more useful if I knew how to use it properly ;)

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This might sound stupid but my question is can i expect to make money at micros without hud? I know that this is a too general question and the answer depends on many factors but ill put it this way, if im not wining player would investing in a hud turn my game around or i shoud wait till i get to some level of playing and then invest in one?

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This might sound stupid but my question is can i expect to make money at micros without hud? I know that this is a too general question and the answer depends on many factors but ill put it this way, if im not wining player would investing in a hud turn my game around or i shoud wait till i get to some level of playing and then invest in one?
Sure you can become a winning player at the micros without a tracker/HUD. You need to know the fundamentals of poker first and foremost. Properly using a tracker/HUD can accelerate that experience by helping you to identify your leaks faster.

It's also important to distinguish tracker from HUD. People tend to use HUD to mean both. You can use a tracker without it's HUD, and you can use a HUD without really doing anything with the reporting and analysis tools in the tracker.

The greatest ROI in the shortest amount of time for a beginning player will come from self-analysis with the tracker, not the HUD. You use the tracker to identify your own leaks, fix them, and then track and review your improvement. This is invaluable, no matter the stakes.

The HUD is primarily to help you play against others. That should come after you have a handle on your own game. The biggest mistake I see most beginners make with tracking software is installing it, putting 45 stats on their HUD without any clear understanding of how to interpret them (just the fact you think you need to see 45 stats tells me you don't understand the stats), and then becoming a slave to the stats. A bad HUD or misunderstanding of the stats will make you a worse player, not a better one. This is partly why I get so exasperated with people who suggest you can install a HUD and immediately be a better or winning player. That's total BS and a sure sign of ignorance.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the answer D, i realize how tracking is important, i have been tracking my play with pokerpal/badbeat and i see how useful it is...
i'll definitely purchase tracker soon...

scorpion1367

scorpion1367

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the responses everyone especially the one from dmorris68 about understanding the stats,makes a lot of sense to me to know what your actually seeing in the stats...........scorp

E

ezevan1022

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill just repeat the above, your putting your self at a disadvantage with out one, considering the vast majority of them have them.