HUDS

S

staxed

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
So what does everyone think about using HUDS i don't use them myself but was thinking about just wondering whats's everyones thoughts are about them? The pros ans cons!

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question has been asked many times in this section. :)

If you want to get better at poker, use them. If you don't, don't use them. That's pretty much the bottom line.

Before I started our company, over 12+ years ago, the primary thing I'd attribute to climbing to play nosebleed stakes so far was the use of a HUD and the ability to track and replay my hands. Being able to review my play, share my hands w/ other poker friends and get feedback, was the reason I started w/ one $50 deposit, and was playing nosebleeds within a year.

I'm biased of course, but Drivehud 2 offers a free fully functional 30 day trial. We have support on Cardschat, and other major poker forums, as well as near 24/7 email support.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have one and don't really use it. Part of that is I'm not fluid in using it and I haven't put any time in to understand how to fully take advantage of what it offers. It also makes the table look too busy. I don't need it for the basic stats that most rudimentary users focus on either. I have looked and there are some stats you can add that I could see helping in certain spots. It's also basically useless until you have built up a large sample size of hands against your opponents. People who put in a lot of hours could see this happen more quickly than someone like me who is just never going to put high volume in. I actually signed into cardschat today to post in support to get some help with some settings I have trouble with. I tried turning it on yesterday to try and figure out why the opacity setting doesn't work and why the HUD appearance changes on it's own.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure which database you are using, if this is drivehud, you need to select the HUD profile you are using then edit the opacity then save. As for the HUD profile on your table, have only one table open and select the HUD profile you want to use. It should load the HUD profile you chose for all table with the same table size.

If you need help, contact support, they should get you setup.

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the big question is are you able to transpose your online HUD to a live poker table? However if everybody is using it and you are not it means that you are one step behind. its nice to learn how to use it. I would recomend H2N for been free to use in low stacks.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
depends if you are a rec or reg, as a rec it doesn't matter you can play without one all good but if you are a reg it is a must to have if you are grinding everyday you will meet a lot of the same regs as well and the hud will help you see some patterns to their game and exploit them.