HUD question

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First let me apologize for not getting into as many thread n hand talk as if like too. My laptop's keyboard, all the keys don't work so I can't really type on it. And doing it on the phone I can't browse the forums as easily or quickly. That's also why there is no bust hands or me posting for other opinions on hands.

As you may or may not have seen the post about me trying to grind on pokerstars PA. I'm playing decently but it's also hard taking notes on players so I really need to find something to help w/that.

So my question to yinz(plural of you in Pittsburghese) is...

Are there any cheap HUDs out thre that are with looking into?

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First let me apologize for not getting into as many thread n hand talk as if like too. My laptop's keyboard, all the keys don't work so I can't really type on it. And doing it on the phone I can't browse the forums as easily or quickly. That's also why there is no bust hands or me posting for other opinions on hands.

As you may or may not have seen the post about me trying to grind on PokerStars PA. I'm playing decently but it's also hard taking notes on players so I really need to find something to help w/that.

So my question to yinz(plural of you in Pittsburghese) is...

Are there any cheap HUDs out thre that are with looking into?

Most will give you a free trial. But I use Poker Copilot, it is pretty cheap ($99/yr) and has a lot of features that could help you, but honestly, NOTHING beats taking notes on players and observing the mistakes that you can exploit in the future or for analyzing their betting patterns or catching timing tells. HUDs are great tools, but relying on them too much can really hurt your live game because you get out of the habit of watching the other players.

BTW...how do you like PSPA?

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suggest checking the Poker Software & Tools stickys.

For HUD, I recommend DriveHUD

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most will give you a free trial. But I use Poker Copilot, it is pretty cheap ($99/yr) and has a lot of features that could help you, but honestly, NOTHING beats taking notes on players and observing the mistakes that you can exploit in the future or for analyzing their betting patterns or catching timing tells. HUDs are great tools, but relying on them too much can really hurt your live game because you get out of the habit of watching the other players.

BTW...how do you like PSPA?

I still watch n try to take notes. Currently mainly color-coding and using paper n pencil, lil rough, though when multi-tasking so I've been trying to keep that to two, maybe three tops.

I ran HEM when playing before BF so maybe look into that for a free trial. I'll definitely look into your suggestions and other options,and though.

As for PSPA, first off its good to be back on playing again. The micro 6-mans have been decent to me up until today, a lot of shitty coolers n bad beats in big spots today. Almost reminds me of the weekend warriors of the olden days.haha.

I suggest checking the Poker Software & Tools stickys.

For HUD, I recommend DriveHUD

Thanks for thre recommendation. Might you know how much it runs n if they might have a micro stakes version that is a lil cheaper? I know HEM had one back in the day.

Also, like I said, hard to look through everything on the phone.

Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen.

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Az a zampl.haha

PokerStars, $4.55 + $0.45 - Hold'em No Limit - 15/30 (4 ante) - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

donmojo09 (UTG): 2,500 (83 bb)
BCPuffer (MP): 2,500 (83 bb)
ralphie8161 (CO): 2,500 (83 bb)
MeeJEB (BU): 2,500 (83 bb)
Pokerking2567 (SB): 2,500 (83 bb)
Red Death 1999 (BB): 2,500 (83 bb)

Pre-Flop: (69) Hero (BCPuffer) is MP with A Q
donmojo09 (UTG) calls 30, BCPuffer (MP) raises to 159, ralphie8161 (CO) calls 159, 3 players fold, donmojo09 (UTG) calls 129

Flop: (546) A 6 5 (3 players)
donmojo09 (UTG) checks, BCPuffer (MP) bets 273, ralphie8161 (CO) folds, donmojo09 (UTG) raises to 546, BCPuffer (MP) raises to 2,337 (all-in), donmojo09 (UTG) calls 1,791 (all-in)

Turn: (5,220) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (5,220) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: 5,220

Showdown:
BCPuffer (MP) shows A Q (a pair of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 73%, Flop: 84%, Turn: 84%, River: 0%)

donmojo09 (UTG) shows 9 A (a straight, Five to Nine)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 27%, Flop: 16%, Turn: 16%, River: 100%)

donmojo09 (UTG) wins 5,220

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
N AN0THA

PokerStars, $4.55 + $0.45 - Hold'em No Limit - 300/600 (75 ante) - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

unclemeatprojec (UTG): 10,641 (18 bb)
winsj21 (MP): 21,096 (35 bb)
martin41982 (CO): 80,374 (134 bb)
FreeLessons24/7 (BU): 14,960 (25 bb)
WiredDuckss (SB): 19,876 (33 bb)
BCPuffer (BB): 19,111 (32 bb)

Pre-Flop: (1,350) Hero (BCPuffer) is BB with 8 8
unclemeatprojec (UTG) raises to 1,200, winsj21 (MP) calls 1,200, 3 players fold, BCPuffer (BB) calls 600

Flop: (4,350) 2 2 5 (3 players)
BCPuffer (BB) checks, unclemeatprojec (UTG) bets 3,263, winsj21 (MP) folds, BCPuffer (BB) raises to 17,836 (all-in), unclemeatprojec (UTG) calls 6,103 (all-in)

Turn: (23,082) 3 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (23,082) 4 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: 23,082

Showdown:
BCPuffer (BB) shows 8 8 (two pair, Eights and Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 81%, Flop: 90%, Turn: 86%, River: 0%)

unclemeatprojec (UTG) shows 6 6 (a straight, Two to Six)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 19%, Flop: 10%, Turn: 14%, River: 100%)

unclemeatprojec (UTG) wins 23,082

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can also try easy poker hud (completely free) or jivaro (just few $ per month). I personally use holdem manager 3 and am happy with it but it costs 60$ for the small stakes version and 100$ for the full one (only holdem supported) plus 40$ per year from the second year so i can not call it cheap.

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can also try easy poker hud (completely free) or jivaro (just few $ per month). I personally use holdem manager 3 and am happy with it but it costs 60$ for the small stakes version and 100$ for the full one (only holdem supported) plus 40$ per year from the second year so i can not call it cheap.

I think what I may do is run the free trial during the PSPA PASCOOP events. Did you happen to run the original at all, is it similar enough that a computer idiot can figure it out easily?

Also do you know up to what stakes is the small stakes version good for?

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for thre recommendation. Might you know how much it runs n if they might have a micro stakes version that is a lil cheaper? I know HEM had one back in the day.

Also, like I said, hard to look through everything on the phone.

Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen.

The DriveHUD micro stakes license is $9
They have a 30 days free trial you can use to test the software.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think what I may do is run the free trial during the PSPA PASCOOP events. Did you happen to run the original at all, is it similar enough that a computer idiot can figure it out easily?

Also do you know up to what stakes is the small stakes version good for?

Holdem manager 3 small stakes is limited to max 50$NL, 100$ LIMIT and 22$ buyin MTTs. For beginning it looks ok to me but when i bought mine i had the money so i decided to go directly with the full version.

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The DriveHUD micro stakes license is $9
They have a 30 days free trial you can use to test the software.

You wouldn't happen to know off hand what the BI range is for DriveHUD is by chance, would you?

Holdem manager 3 small stakes is limited to max 50$NL, 100$ LIMIT and 22$ buyin MTTs. For beginning it looks ok to me but when i bought mine i had the money so i decided to go directly with the full version.

I'm only rolled right now for $10s($5s really,lol) so that's looking promising at the moment. Going to look into the DriveHUDn see how that looks n what the top BI is for that as well.

Probably look into EPH as well EPH n see what all you can set it up to track.

C'mon PSPA PASCOOP bink.
Can I get my ONE TIME.

Or just lemme get my tax refund n stimulus check all at once.haha.

Thanks again all.

Last edited:
H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check their website, click "pricing" and you should see the license limits.
https://drivehud.com/

If you need help, I suggest you PM John A

Thank you much, sir. I'm going to look into more later for sure. It looks like they've got three different levels of membership for decent pricing. I just have to see what all stats are available.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips