How come Lex Veldhuis not use a HUD?

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You probably have seen Lex playing without using a HUD. He only uses maybe color notes and thats all. I was interested to see what other members think about that. Is he playing with a disadvantage? Maybe if you play 2-3 tables you dont really need a HUD? Is HUD somewhat useless in a tourney? Is he playing GTO so HUD is useless?

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When your good,you don't need one,,,,:aetsch:

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And when you are really good: a HUD does not provide relevant information (anymore).

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im only using HUD when i cant pay full attention to the tables (usually doing something else on the internet) or when playing more than 4 tables, but IMO not using HUD can be more beneficial when learning poker (because we are forced to put more attention to the tables & learning more about other players by tagging & writing notes on them - instead of letting the machine do it for us)

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only thing I really use HUD for is to figure out who is a tight player and avoid giving them action. When playing 2-3 tourneys it is a must have besides that HUD are borderline worthless since you need about approx. 100+ hands for stats to converge.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for that I knew there was a reason why I don't use a HUD, :rofl:
As I'm on the end of the spectrum where a HUD doesn't make sence yet, be careful with conclusions; I might be wrong, just like in every hand I play:D

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably against the TOS of PokerSta

I think, it might simply be because, he is streaming. The TOS (terms of service) of pokerstars allow you to collect hand histories with a tracker, but not to share these with other players. And if a streamer has his HUD running, viewers could in theory manually take note on, how his HUD data looked for key opponents.

This might not be a big deal, if the streamer is playing 3$ tournaments, but Lex is playing for real money, where people care about these things, and he likely have a huge sample on many of his opponents, since the player pool also tend to be smaller at these stakes.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lex and all pro use HUD but hidden, watchers better see table and... :)))
gl at the tables

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, it might simply be because, he is streaming. The TOS (terms of service) of PokerStars allow you to collect hand histories with a tracker, but not to share these with other players. And if a streamer has his HUD running, viewers could in theory manually take note on, how his HUD data looked for key opponents.

This might not be a big deal, if the streamer is playing 3$ tournaments, but Lex is playing for real money, where people care about these things, and he likely have a huge sample on many of his opponents, since the player pool also tend to be smaller at these stakes.

For a rising star member thats a very good explanation mate! I havent think about that, you definately could be right, unless other Pokerstars signed players have HUDs. I will have to check it out now. Thanks for the answer!

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey guys u dont listen to me :p
i watch all PRO streamers on pokerstars and how i told you before :
all pro use HUD , but he is hidden because quallity of wiev ! :)
you know when hud run, not see all table well! ;)
good luck guys

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
As far as I know there is a possibility to play with a HUD while streaming, but it won't show up on the stream. So don't admire someone way too much. Though there are streamers that indeed play without HUDs.

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lex does not use a HUD, you see how big that head is? that guy used to multi-table over 16 tables Cash, now he grinds tournaments, also he is very smart.
I agree with Hughhat, Lex is a HUD, as far as I know Lex is the only one who doesn't use an HUD from the poker streamers.
HUD's are not "hidden" only "ghosted"(dont know the correct term here) like hovering your mouse over mucked cards

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have huds but rarely use or look at the stats, carefully watching the others are far bigger benefits then any Hud will give

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have huds but rarely use or look at the stats, carefully watching the others are far bigger benefits then any Hud will give
I'll learn more without a HUD, but I'm sure they pay off, just because you don't have to remember what the HUD already stores.
Relying on a HUD is the same as using a bot.