Final advice before I purchase this laptop for poker

H

HotSince95

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Hi guys, I understand these type of threads annoy people because there is so many. I have read lots on done my own research and I’m sure I’ve found a perfect laptop for my set up I just wanted to get it confirmed maybe before I purchase it

The laptop :

ACER Aspire 5 15.6" Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7, 512 GB SSD, Grey​

16gb ram
AMD Ryzen 7 5825U Processor

I want to get a 2nd monitor and play 8 tables
I’m sure these are fine specs to do it. I just want to confirm I’m getting it right

Thanks for any help

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm not the best at hardware tech but the processor certainly looks good to me.

I want to acquire a Ryzen machine for live streaming when I have the finances arranged/in place.

I'm sure others will offer their thoughts too. :)

Going to move this thread to a more appropriate sub-forum which should help with replies! :giggle:

Last edited:
Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I think is a good laptop, but I recomend you have a good video card that should be not integrated to the laptop.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hi guys, I understand these type of threads annoy people because there is so many. I have read lots on done my own research and I’m sure I’ve found a perfect laptop for my set up I just wanted to get it confirmed maybe before I purchase it

The laptop :

16gb ram

I’m sure these are fine specs to do it. I just want to confirm I’m getting it right

Thanks for any help
That should suffice more than enough for pokerapps.
With that stats you can play newer videogames which need way more power than pokerapps.
So yeah I'm sure that'll be fine :)

H

HotSince95

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I'm not the best at hardware tech but the processor certainly looks good to me.

I want to arrange a Ryzen machine for live streaming when I have the finances arranged/in place.

I'm sure other will offer their thoughts too. :)

Going to move this thread to a more appropriate sub-forum which should help with replies! :giggle:
Thanks

Hi, I think is a good laptop, but I recomend you have a good video card that should be not integrated to the laptop.
Why would I need another video card ? And excuse my ignorance

That should suffice more than enough for pokerapps.
With that stats you can play newer videogames which need way more power than pokerapps.
So yeah I'm sure that'll be fine :)
Thanks mate, I think I’ll buy it later

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
That's a good point actually . The onboard graphic cards are not that great .
But If you don't plan on playing videogames at high graphics settings you should still be fine.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Integrated graphics cards don't have the performance of dedicated graphics cards.

Definitely advisable to get a graphics card if you intend to play videogames but for poker alone it wouldn't really be necessary.

Thanks mate, I think I’ll buy it later
May I ask how much it's going to cost?

Just curious as I'll be in the market before too long (hopefully)... :giggle:

~EDiT:- Furthermore, as I understand it, it's difficult to retrofit graphics cards into laptops so they generally need to be already in there when purchased...

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
~EDiT:- Furthermore, as I understand it, it's difficult to retrofit graphics cards into laptops so they generally need to be already in there when purchased...
You can get that easily when you order from a place which let's you configure any hardware you want as long as it fits though .

H

HotSince95

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
That's a good point actually . The onboard graphic cards are not that great .
But If you don't plan on playing videogames at high graphics settings you should still be fine.
Oh right I have no plan of playing any video games, strictly poker

Integrated graphics cards don't have the performance of dedicated graphics cards.

Definitely advisable to get a graphics card if you intend to play videogames but for poker alone it wouldn't really be necessary.

May I ask how much it's going to cost?

Just curious as I'll be in the market before too long (hopefully)... :giggle:

620£ and yeah I’ll just be playing poker

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You can get that easily when you order from a place which let's you configure any hardware you want as long as it fits though .
Yes, that's what I meant. It needs to be specified/included at the point of purchase as they're difficult to retrofit (if even possible at all).

However, moot point based on HotSince95's replies.

620£ and yeah I’ll just be playing poker
Seems like a competitive price for what you're getting to me. (y)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

The laptop :

16gb ram

Thanks for any help
So how expensive is this :unsure:

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will be fine with that, and low res. Videogames will run also, you do not ned high resoulution, just more a question on screen size if you want to see all 8 tables at the same time, but if action table pops up in front, you will have no problem there.

If you want high res video games you want a gaming computer not a laptop anyway, maintancenig laptops for hi res gaming is too expensive, as the gaming market moves much faster than poker tables in resoulition and need for speed.

Hope the laptop will show good cards for you 🙂.

H

HotSince95

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
You will be fine with that, and low res. Videogames will run also, you do not ned high resoulution, just more a question on screen size if you want to see all 8 tables at the same time, but if action table pops up in front, you will have no problem there.

If you want high res video games you want a gaming computer not a laptop anyway, maintancenig laptops for hi res gaming is too expensive, as the gaming market moves much faster than poker tables in resoulition and need for speed.

Hope the laptop will show good cards for you 🙂.
I will get a extra monitor too

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
as an IT Tech for many years experience, I would double check those specs, i.e. what kind of ssd is there, how many rpm's and R/W (read/write) speed??
And for multi tasking with many windows open, 16GB is barely minimum, I would check the MB (motherboards) specs, if you can upgrade memory to at least 32GB or even better with 64GB, which Ryzen 7 CPU is inside (how many cores/threds) i.e. is it 8/16 or lower like 6/12 or 4/8??
If you want to put 2 extra monitors, you will need docking station, I am assuming you will have only 1 HDMI port and 2 USB ports, right?
If you have just 1 or not at all HDMI ports, then you can use docking station or you can purchase connector from whatever monitor port DVI/VGA or such to USB, i.e. DeLonghi or such.
Just a thing to keep in consideration.
2 years ago, I've got myself MSI 17'' Ryzen 7 gaming laptop which is great.

Just my $.02

The laptop :

16gb ram

Thanks for any help