Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
YOU USE THE PLAYER'S NOTES EDITOR?
I would like to know from you if you usually use the player's notes editor?
In what way do you use it and how often.
Post your information and details here if you want, this will help novice online poker players who do not usually use this very important tool that online poker makes available.

Attachments

• Player Notes Editor.jpg
    Player Notes Editor.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do keep notes in every site I play and not only for PS playerpool.
I use different color labels for different types of players like: maniacs , tight , calling stations etc.

Taking notes if they make some moves out of the line or play for example a 3bet jam 50 big blinds versus UTG open raise with A9o and all that questionable for me stuff.

Also I use abbreviations in order to write them quickly due to multiple tables something like that:
IP: in position
OOP: out of position
OR / OL / OS: open raise / open limp / open shove
X/R - X/S: check raise - check shove

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sure hope this is the 1st tool that players use at the table. I also have a database and HUD with a program that takes Auto-notes.

Admittedly this is overkill for the stakes I play, I do take personal notes on the players that I see everyday in the games I play. I have adjusted the note taking Apps to only record "mistakes" because if you have too much data that can be worse than not enough.

Anyway, the short answer is yes, definitely use the note editor. Make notes that make sense to you. You need to look and understand immediately, don't copy someone else's system that will just confuse you. In the beginning keep it simple

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
So far, I have not used the notes about the players, because I did not see a special need for it. But in the near future I plan to start taking notes about the players, especially those I often meet at the tables.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How good are you as a poker player? This is my question to myself about the other players sitting around the table with me. Having notes gives you a head start because if you see that the players have achieved a high level (ie. at 888 100+), what their rating is at sharkscope relative to MTT's and a few other things..you may even notice collusion if your notes tell you that so and so always seems to play with so and so.. Without notes you're going in blind, with notes you aren't. If bad luck is spread evenly around the table, the most skilled and knowledgeable players always have an edge.:deal:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
From time to time I make notes, especially about the players who take part in our freerolls. Sometimes these notes help me make the right decision.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My laziness is irresistible, and I know what needs to be done and I know what is useful, but this laziness ...

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Probably should, but no. I play for fun, notes would make it a job,

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually mark players in different colors, and sometimes I make written notes. Since I play mostly tournaments, the notes help a bit.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use tags and notes but only on our freerolls. It helps in the game if the player is somehow distinguished from the general mass of players. There is no point in taking notes at big tournaments.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Of course I do ... I take notes on the players I face ... especially that at cash tables you constantly face the same players ... and I designed a tight method to speed up the writing ... Using the notes helps a lot.