L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all.
I'd like any advice on what to look for in my Holdem Manager 3 database to find any leaks/ generally improve my game. I almost solely play 9-max SNGs, micro stakes.
How often do you review your overall stats? What sample size do you look at? And what stats in particular are you interested in?
HM's YouTube channel has a lot of helpful videos, but they're rather brief. Do you know any literature/videos/etc. on the subject?
Thanks in advance.

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Official HM Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not play tournaments regularly so I can't help you with general tournament database analysis suggestions (hopefully others here can help with that) but the HM3 App called 'Range Wizard' is getting a bunch of new functionality you might find useful and the App will be renamed to 'Leak Explorer'. Leak Explorer is still in private beta testing/feedback mode so I am not sure when it will be released for new trials or purchase but you can learn more about it's features on their site here.

Regards,

Fozzy71
Customer Support
Hold'em Manager

rabman50

rabman50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would check out the SmartPokerStudy YouTube channel. Sky does a lot of work on database analysis to find leaks. He is using PT4 and primarily cash but I think you will be able to pick up some good info there.

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would check out the SmartPokerStudy YouTube channel. Sky does a lot of work on database analysis to find leaks. He is using PT4 and primarily cash but I think you will be able to pick up some good info there.
Thank you. I've had a quick look and there's lots there that might be helpful.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Agree with this 100%, I recently purchased PT4 mainly for hand history review after my sessions, but I had no idea how to use it. LOL

My internet search for help led me to discover Sky Matsuhashi and his SmartPokerStudy channel, he is absolutely terrific with tons of content there, it will take me weeks to watch everything he offers. Terrific personality and he explains things super well.

And no, I'm not Sky, nor am I one of his students. :D But he's the best I've found so far.