SWC Poker

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anybody familiar with this site? Can they be trusted? They do offer freerolls every hour. Please let me know.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Important factor that gives clue is how easy it is to withdraw money. This shall be seen quickly by simply reading the small print. It's all there, but you have to pay attention to details - what are the rules for withdrawing money.
You could deposit a minimum, usually 10$, to register your bank card in their system. Risking 10$ shouldn't be too much to give poker room a try.
I have never withdrawn money with depositing nothing whatsoever.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Important factor that gives clue is how easy it is to withdraw money. This shall be seen quickly by simply reading the small print. It's all there, but you have to pay attention to details - what are the rules for withdrawing money.
You could deposit a minimum, usually 10$, to register your bank card in their system. Risking 10$ shouldn't be too much to give poker room a try.
I have never withdrawn money with depositing nothing whatsoever.

Thank you for that tip Black Jesus. I will remember that going forward about any poker room I am considering.

T1ltmonkey

T1ltmonkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anybody familiar with this site? Can they be trusted? They do offer freerolls every hour. Please let me know.
SWC has been around for some time, I think they were probably the first cryptocurrency poker room. I have been playing there on and off for several years, and find them trustworthy. I have cashed out a few times and have recieved my money promptly.

Site is small, but traffic has actually picked up some after they went to latest software version 3.0, along with some promotions. There will usually be around 170 players logged on when I play (Euro evenings).

Good points:
* Best game variety to be found online, lots of mixed games, draw variants, stud, lowball...
* Good software, if a little ugly ;p
* Prompt cash-outs

Bad points:
* Traffic could be better
* Tourney schedule not optimal for euro players
* Somewhat slow to roll out improvements/updates

And: It is a BTC site which means you need to get a wallet and buy some BTC. That takes some getting used to, but once you're set up it is easy.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I've been enjoying learning how to play mixed games. Those games are not easy but I'm getting better.

In general there does not seem to be a large player pool yet.

Also, have not tried withdrawing yet.

Good luck !

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anybody familiar with this site?
I've played there and have no complaints. No problems depositing or withdrawing Bitcoin. Player pool looks good, so no problems finding a game. The games were pretty soft.

The A Number One problem with this site is that you play with Bitcoin directly. This puts you in the spot of gambling twice: on your cards, and on the future price of Bitcoin. I deposited when Bitcoin was around 4100 USD. Played some, had some upswings, some downswings, nothing out of the ordinary. I cashed out in mid-July, catching Bitcoin near its 12,000+ top. My BTC were worth more than my winnings at this point, so of course I cashed. Since then, BTC has been on a six month drift downwards. For six months, you would be losing on SWC without doing anything.

That's something to consider unless you're playing for the experience, and don't care about how your bankroll is eroding.

P

Psycho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played on SWC and it is fine. I only put around 10-15 dollars on there just to check it out. I lost so I don't have any insight on cash outs etc.

W

wwwasilewski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I was there after three days I turned off and uninstalled I did not play in freerolls because I had fewer points I did not play there and part of the tournament was canceled

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

quartz

quartz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the site and have been a reg on there for years (under the handle quartz). T1ltmonkey pretty much sums the pros and cons quite succinctly so read his post above if you haven't. The cashouts are pretty prompt as he mentioned (somewhere within 24hrs since they have to be manually approved). It's a great site for beginners starting off and those interested in learning mixed games at no cost.

Refinado Tom

Refinado Tom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing some days and I like the differents types of poker. But You've to keep in mind that the prizes aren´t in USD, You'll be playing for chips, and each chip is worth USD 0,0072 at today ! The players are few and the prizes are very low.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love the site and have been a reg on there for years (under the handle quartz). T1ltmonkey pretty much sums the pros and cons quite succinctly so read his post above if you haven't. The cashouts are pretty prompt as he mentioned (somewhere within 24hrs since they have to be manually approved). It's a great site for beginners starting off and those interested in learning mixed games at no cost.

maybe a little off topic, but tell me please, buddy! small guide. how to create a crypto wallet. how to replenish it and how then to withdraw money from a crypto wallet to a visa or a fiat wallet, similar to skrill / neteller / ecopayz and others. thanks

quartz

quartz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe a little off topic, but tell me please, buddy! small guide. how to create a crypto wallet. how to replenish it and how then to withdraw money from a crypto wallet to a visa or a fiat wallet, similar to skrill / neteller / ecopayz and others. thanks

I primarily use coinbase for depositing from my bank to BTC as well as for depositing bitcoin from my SWC account (which I can convert to paypal and send back to my bank).

It's fairly intuitive to use but there may be limitations based on your country. Also coinbase requires ID for a lot of things so I had to send them a copy of my passport.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had positive experiences with this poker room so far. The look is really not very nice and I hope more players will be playing at the same time in the future. The biggest positive is the appearance of long gone poker variations !

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how s password freeroll in SWC

I do not know how to find password for joining freeroll tourney in SWC

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played a few times on this site...
dont really like it feels weird to play on it imo

Would rather play on 888poker for freerolls than that site
havent played again in awhile think i will never play again on SWC Poker
i find it a teribble site.

U

unsilentmajority

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
swc poker(chips taken)

Yesterday,March 15, 2020 I was playing 5 card omaha hilo.The table stated disconnected while playing and kicked everyone from the table without returning the chips we had back into our accounts.Its now been over 24 hours later and our chips still have not been returned

T

tschuwon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you need to download a client software to play on this site or is it browserbased?

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you need to download a client software to play on this site or is it browserbased?

I play exclusively at SwC.

I play in my (Firefox) browser..although you can download the client software if you wish.

There are nano freerolls to get you started, if you don't want to deposit...or you can deposit in bitcoin...no other deposit or cashout method possible...only bitcoin.

good luck and may the farce be with ya.

T

tschuwon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play exclusively at SwC.

I play in my (Firefox) browser..although you can download the client software if you wish.

There are nano freerolls to get you started, if you don't want to deposit...or you can deposit in bitcoin...no other deposit or cashout method possible...only bitcoin.

good luck and may the farce be with ya.

Thanks for the quick reply, mate... I will try it out in one of the freerolls then. Good luck for you and see you at the tables.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the quick reply, mate... I will try it out in one of the freerolls then. Good luck for you and see you at the tables.

you're very welcome.

an online acquaintance of mine started on the frolls there recently, and has grinded a small but playable roll. Its hard work to get off the ground...but once you do, the player pool is small...which i like...you can make lots of player notes.

I also started oin the frolls back in august...got some run good...and am doing quite well there now....it is possible.

Let me know how you get along...may you run good.

Last edited:
Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SwC offers a client you can download, but I haven't bothered. SwC is one of the few linux friendly sites as you can play from a browser. As for browsers, I've found that the Opera browser works best. You can use Firefox or one of its forks, but the action seems more jerky and annoying. Being that I'm on a Linux system, I haven't tried the client.

The main disadvantage is that this is a Bitcoin site. All the chips are one millionth of a Bitcoin. This means you have to watch the Bitcoin market like a hawk. If Bitcoin heads south, you lose money without playing a single hand. Talk about a bad beat!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have never deposited or withdrew , I have taken a no deposit offer , played some games , just for fun , Istill have some in the bankroll , if I lose them I will never deposit , . I play on the browser , this annoys me , but the micro games I play afre at very late , then I do not play anything else , so if I remember to play there , I might pobable play onlthere , nothing elese at the same time .

If I ever get approved a withdrawal withoud depositing , I will refer it here , if they say you have to deposit first I will not deposit , lol , no trust .

The number of playes playing thers at cahs games are very few , if you take into consideration they multi table , the max number I would say is 20 lol . In the micros 20 players most playthe micro tourney . This site is ..... If I had deposited here I would have fallen into depression , lol ......

Last edited:
mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's an okay site if you want to play on a site priced in Bitcoin instead of US Dollars, but the table selection and player base is really small. Much better options on Bovada or ACR for tourneys and cash games. I might start playing on there though because of the price of Bitcoin and it might be worth playing on there if the price continues to go up.