WSOP Main Event Final Table: Michael Dyer Can’t Miss a Flop, Joe Cada Still Breathing

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dyer's on a crazy rush and is playing his big stack well. I'm hoping Joe Cada finds a way to chip up a bit. It would be great to see him continue his run.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Seems Cada will have to try to win the ME another year. :(

Awesome run for him, though!

2oldman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dyer.. whaa??

I had been recording the wsop and admiring Dyer's play. Next day he was the short stack. Stunning turnaround. Apparently I missed something - perhaps my recording cut off too soon.

I can't find a thing about what happened to him. Anything you could share or direct me to?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I had been recording the Wsop and admiring Dyer's play. Next day he was the short stack. Stunning turnaround. Apparently I missed something - perhaps my recording cut off too soon.

I can't find a thing about what happened to him. Anything you could share or direct me to?

I believe the beginning of his down turn involved a hand with Tony Miles (not sure how many were remaining at that point). Then Michael made a few missteps soon after, therefore losing his stack. I'd have to look for the Tony/Michael hand in question, pretty much the beginning of his slide.

2oldman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love watching the Wsop but am amazed at how many times the players have to re-peek at their cards - even after winning a hand.

2oldman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No editing posts here? I'm watching the session where Dyer's A-10 gets beat and he's out in 3rd. The 2 'other' announcers are discussing his fall from grace, but do you think they'll run any clips of specific hands? Noooo.. of course not. I would think that would be rather important considering the massive lead he had.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love watching the Wsop but am amazed at how many times the players have to re-peek at their cards - even after winning a hand.

I think the extreme pressure of a large payout combined with live TV makes people want to quadruple check they are correct.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No editing posts here? I'm watching the session where Dyer's A-10 gets beat and he's out in 3rd. The 2 'other' announcers are discussing his fall from grace, but do you think they'll run any clips of specific hands? Noooo.. of course not. I would think that would be rather important considering the massive lead he had.

Nah, I wouldn't edit posts to a news article, if this was sort of directed toward me. When the article and the thread were made this was very current.

Are you referring to the ESPN commentary re: hand discussion?

2oldman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What I mean is, I can't find an 'Edit' button. Oh.. oops.. the red one. Got it.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What I mean is, I can't find an 'Edit' button. Oh.. oops.. the red one. Got it.

Ah, got it! Good that you found it! (it does come in handy sometimes. :))

Also, know there is a time limit as to when you can edit the post...roughly 10 minutes.

WSOP