Was the event canceled due to covid?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has not been officially cancelled but it is highly unlikely to happen this year. They are running an online version of it right now - but it is not the same.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Running online on wsop.com. Same software as 888. I think they should have just cancelled it. Not the same prestige and they shouldn't count these for bracelets

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is this COVID if it affected both the games of the wsop

Last edited by a moderator:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Running online on WSOP.com. Same software as 888. I think they should have just cancelled it.

I think the complete opposite.
The events that I've been able to watch so far (via Twitch streams) have been exciting! Hearing who each of the players are is great and watching some of the play on a 5min. delay is even better!
There's a guy who had NEVER played online before and came away with a win!
And how about Sam Grizzle?? You don't hear of him crushing any online tournaments before now.

I think we're going to hear of a bunch more great stories this year while they play on WSOP . com but even greater ones when it gets moved to GGPoker. I'm hoping to get in on some of it along with some WPT action over on partypoker.

Couldn't be better imo. ... with all things considered. To just cancel it would've sucked imo.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the complete opposite.
The events that I've been able to watch so far (via Twitch streams) have been exciting
I agree with you! I do enjoy the Twitch and YouTube streams that are happening.

The only thing that is frustrating is that so many countries are not able to play the WSOP online due to legal regulations. We can hope that someday this legal hurdle is jumped.

For the future of WSOP - I think a mix of in-person and online will be even more than in the past. Let us hope for this excitement! :cool:

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
....The only thing that is frustrating is that so many countries are not able to play the WSOP online due to legal regulations. We can hope that someday this legal hurdle is jumped....:cool:

It is frustrating that much of the world is able to play online, but in the US there are only 2 or 3 states where we can join in on the WSOP-online.

Good luck everyone.

swerdnase

swerdnase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It hasn't been cancelled. It's being hosted online, but it's a watered down version of the WSOP. The buy-ins are much lower and the game selection is atrocious. Mostly NLHE with a couple PLO sprinkled in (and only one 8/b event). No stud games, no draw games, no mixed games, no shootouts, no player's championship, etc.

It definitely feels like (and is) a rushed version of the event and isn't nearly as special as the live festival in Vegas. I'm not saying they should have cancelled it, but they could have done a much better job executing on it.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard that the WSOP series will be held at the GGPoker poker room. I played in this poker room about a year ago and consider it one of the worst poker rooms !!! I ask you not to be offended by anyone, if you like GGPoker, I expressed my opinion.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It may not be the same WSOP but its better than nothing even if I cant play in it this way. Lets be serious, who knows if I will be able to be played next year either.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The poker itself can be exciting online, but nothing beats being at the WSOP live. I played last year in the Colossus with Team Cardschat...the atmosphere was absolutely electric. I would compare playing online vs. WSOP live to being at a pre-season baseball game in Florida vs. being front row at the 7th game of the World Series.

mickathyus

mickathyus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Does anyone know if wsop is going to be canceled

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone know if wsop is going to be canceled
I think it is a little early to ask this question. In normal years the WSOP announces the schedule in end of January or February. Let's watch and see if they announce the schedule in early 2021 - that should give us a clue what they are thinking.

S

Smokey321

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wsop censure

Wsop has decided to ban usernames "some" find offensive, this case it was "trump2024".
Do we need another another censor, to chip away at my 1st amendment. What next.
My first name is Richard, but what if I went by "dick", would a change be required. Due to some being offended because they hate dick.

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wsop has decided to ban usernames "some" find offensive, this case it was "trump2024".
Do we need another another censor, to chip away at my 1st amendment. What next.
My first name is Richard, but what if I went by "dick", would a change be required. Due to some being offended because they hate dick.

Lol, this post cracked me up... "...some being offended because they hate dick."
Can't imagine why they'd ban Trump2024 as a Username though since he's now actually eligible to run again for president in 2024 roflmao...

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there doing it online but im not sure.

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The tournament is on. It has not been cancelled.

WSOP