Where is Tom Dwan?

T

Tgoat17

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is Tom Dwan up to now?
Being a full tilt poker professional you rarely see him playing on the site.
Is he in Macau crushing souls?
Or is he playing under a different screen name?!

A

AvaloNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably still in Macau, making a solid profit off the Chinese whales there.

J

JFKblownaway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the most overrated players in my opinion, but last I heard he was getting stacked hard by Chinese business men in Macau , not sure bout his online play recently

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He lives in Macau.

One of the most overrated players in my opinion, but last I heard he was getting stacked hard by Chinese business men in Macau , not sure bout his online play recently

"Getting stacked hard?" LOL, he's making millions off of them. Even with his trademark downswings due to his high variance style, he's reported to be probably the biggest winner in Macau. Why do you think he's not really interested in playing anywhere else?

T

Tgoat17

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Strange.

I figured it was strange being one of the most active players online in the past to no one hearing from him? Or no news on his where abouts, more so being a full tilt pro you would think there is a certain amount he would have to play on the site to attract players on there. No big mathes with Viktor Blom? Seems strange but yea as posted I'd imagine Dwan would win a lot more than he looses playing rich business man. Over rated? Maybe some moves for the tele but I admire dwan some of the moves at the right times getting paid or pulling bluffs in spots I don't see another player in the world making. Just would like to see him online more to follow his action. But what happens in Macau seems to be minimum leaked to he public.

dudemanstan

dudemanstan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He lives in Macau.

"Getting stacked hard?" LOL, he's making millions off of them. Even with his trademark downswings due to his high variance style, he's reported to be probably the biggest winner in Macau. Why do you think he's not really interested in playing anywhere else?
Well I hope he saves some for me :)

J

JFKblownaway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well here's why he stays in Macau....he owes a lot of make up, pretty sure tom will be broke by 30, he's no Daniel negreanu or Phil ivy

"Tom's bankroll was greatly depleted already. He went to macau to play the Hyper high stakes NL cash games were he actually went broke. This is not speculation but pure fact. Tom is a super nice guy and is well liked by one billionaire business man in particular who for last 19 months has backed Tom in the cash games.

Tom was in make up for nearly 12 months of over 55m HKD dollars but has now won everything back and is small winner.

This is the reason why Tom has not played the challenge as he did not have the money to cover the side bet of $1.5m usd or 500k usd+ to play 4 tables.

If anyone doubts this they can post on 2+2 or tweet Tom. Tom will naturally be ashamed to be 'outed' but he is a genuine guy with integrity and will not deny the claims. He may use avoidance tactics.

If he does deny at any time I will exclusively reveal his backer, his deal.

Sam Trickett has a similar deal that includes tournaments to. His last win in OZ and 1 drop he was only playing for a small % of actual cash prize."

This may sound like random rumours but if somehow this can come to the attention of Tom and Sam, just see if they deny it

Last edited:
JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like what i hear on,,, cough cough the math forum

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Source? You mention "posting on 2+2" if anyone doubts it -- are you saying this is already posted there? Just point me to a thread. Because I've heard the organizer of the Macau games, the guy who brought Tom and the other pros into the game, say pretty much the exact opposite. And some searching the internet (not just 2+2) just now turns up no such reports, other than Tom's recent ~$4M loss in a single session.

Which sounds huge. But put it in perspective: he also took down the single biggest pot recorded in the Macau games. $3.8M USD. In one pot. So his biggest single pot and his biggest losing session pretty much cancel each other out, so the truth will be in the results before and since.

Based on all I've heard and read recently, I think he's doing just fine. But with the secrecy around these games, I don't think anyone who knows the true specifics will be talking about them in depth, so we have do a lot of interpolation.

J

JFKblownaway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like what i hear on,,, cough cough the math forum

I'm not sure where that quote came from but I believe that 100% and tom has never denied it...hmmm?

But IMO overrated give me ivy or negraneu or even hellmuth any day over dwan

S

suitedslick

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think he's getting crushed in macau, his style of play is daring but still he is really good and fun to watch

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
was wondering, miss watchin him play esp vs isuldur1

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure where that quote came from but I believe that 100% and tom has never denied it...hmmm?

JFK --- No one said that they prefer Dwan's game to Negreanu's or Ivey's (although some certainly do). You, however, claimed that Dwan is overrated and that he will likely be broke before he is 30. As support for this claim, you have offered, well --- NOTHING. You managed to post a quote, the source of which you now cannot (or will not) identify? What's up with that?

If you want to come in here and offer up an opinion, I'm cool with that. We all have opinions, and this community is great for sharing and discussing them. If you're trying to come in here and make fact-based predictions, though, please have more support for your argument than a quote that you can't source (or even find now).

Thanks.

-HooDooKoo

P.S. If you want to increase your credibility in the future, try making a point to spell the names of the pros that you're referencing correctly. It may seem like nitpicking, but it honestly goes a long way. If it appears that you can't even correctly spell Ivey, it will be a foregone conclusion that you aren't bright enough or informed enough to be trusted to evaluate high-level poker play.

Last edited:
Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't think you've done enough research or watched enough of him playing. He makes some really sick reads on people & makes some really sick bluffs. His game is legit.

& naming those 3 players in comparison just goes to show us (the public &/or whomever reads this thread) that you think he's in the same caliber as they are.

In his defense, he doesn't have near the experience or he's not the same age as any of those 3 players. Can't really compare.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think he will go broke. He is to good at what he does

JaxA

JaxA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you've done enough research or watched enough of him playing. He makes some really sick reads on people & makes some really sick bluffs. His game is legit.

& naming those 3 players in comparison just goes to show us (the public &/or whomever reads this thread) that you think he's in the same caliber as they are.

In his defense, he doesn't have near the experience or he's not the same age as any of those 3 players. Can't really compare.

I agree his game is legit. But experience-wise he has played way more hands in his lifetime than the others because of sick online multi-tabling. They have played more hours live but he has played soooo many hands.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree his game is legit. But experience-wise he has played way more hands in his lifetime than the others because of sick online multi-tabling. They have played more hours live but he has played soooo many hands.

Experience wise in general they still have the advantage. He doesn't have near the live poker exp as they do.

Ivey, kidpoker, and smellhuth also have played/ play online poker & multi-table as well.

Not sure the exact numbers but if you compare all of them, they are pretty close in the amount of hands played.

J

JFKblownaway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok well in my opinion he's over rated near broke and not at the same level as others.

Also in my opinion I think he wears eyeliner...lolol

Again all in my opinion.

TEG2300

TEG2300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So did I miss a definitive answer? Is he playing exclusively in Macau? If so why does that preclude playing online?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So did I miss a definitive answer? Is he playing exclusively in Macau? If so why does that preclude playing online?

It wouldn't preclude him playing online, but there's only so many hours in the day. If the live games are super-juicy and the online games aren't great, it makes sense that he'd be spending his time in the live games.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard he was in Macau, cos he lost or win some huge pot there , from time to time.

S

sylpoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too bad they cant film a TV special of those games in macau.Those would probably be really fun to see.Guess he won,t be back playing in USA anytime soon, esp since can,t play on FT here also.

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How could you say dwan will go broke...hes playing with millions of dollars hes televised on tv for a reason because hes built the br hes built a ne for him self for being a good player wtf?! You musr be going insane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If he is broke, it was a matter of time before his play caught up with him.

Fieldsy

Fieldsy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really dont see why you would go back to online if you are one of the most popular players in the world and are loaded. Maybe I am biased, but live poker seems so much of a game rather than playing online where it almost feels like its an obligation.

How many known pros are playing online vs live?