Flashback Friday - Mike Postle and the potential damaging piece of evidence

C

Cloudcatcher

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When's the showdown?

Looking forward to the preponderance to hurt this dirtbag and whoever helped him with the feed to his phone.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In my opinion, he cheated.

From what I've seen before today there is little (if any) doubt in my mind of that fact.

That being said, this clip is no 'smoking gun'...

Him saying 'oh ****' is circumstantial and he could easily argue that he said that for any number of reasons totally unrelated to the game.

That doesn't make it true, but he could easily argue that he suddenly thought about something else..

Did I leave the oven on at home?

Oh poop!

A slimy, weaselly cheat is a slippery customer...

Hopefully the legal team representing the plaintiffs has better, more undeniable evidence.

EDIT~ Great comment under the article coolhandluke, thanks for clearing up some key differences! :icon_thum

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
He's for real a Poker GOD !!!!

He should be announced as the best poker player in poker cash games of all time , or the best poker player ever existed .
He should be adored in every poker room , instant entry to the poker Hall of Fame.
He's one of the kind .
With the unique ability to read optimally people , their live tells , to know what they think or what they'll decide .
Powers like xrays from his eyes .
A real predictive charisma .
He is a holy man ......

He is Mike the Apostle .

:)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I yearn for the old days when they would take a guy like Mike out to the desert and never be heard from again,,,, :cool: POS!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I yearn for the old days when they would take a guy like Mike out to the desert and never be heard from again,,,, :cool: POS!

Yes, the days when people were taken out to the desert and set up in a nice little air-conditioned condo with a lifetimes supply of rations & water and no telephone were better.

I'd be happy never to hear from the guy again and for him to live out his days in isolation mid-desert too!

:icon_thum

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Him saying 'oh ****' is circumstantial and he could easily argue that he said that for any number of reasons totally unrelated to the game.

I agree. For me there are other clips, which are more damning for him. Like hands, where the cards were not read, and Mike is visibly frustrated and trying to place his own cards on the RFID reader again and again.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree. For me there are other clips, which are more damning for him. Like hands, where the cards were not read, and Mike is visibly frustrated and trying to place his own cards on the RFID reader again and again.
I hope so, because if this is the best "evidence" there is, there is no evidence at all.

I have been avoiding reading about this since there seemed to be a flood of opinion that he obviously cheated without any real evidence. My suspicions are confirmed with this video. If someone calls a shove (getting >3:1 pot odds) essentially closing the action, having only one player to call behind, even if they have 95o, this is not clearly cheating, it's not even clearly a bad move.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone calls a shove (getting >3:1 pot odds) essentially closing the action, having only one player to call behind, even if they have 95o, this is not clearly cheating, it's not even clearly a bad move.

It is very clearly a very bad move, but so was the other call with s small suited connector, and playing bad does not prove, someone is cheating. Of course the puzzling thing is, how someone, who often play really bad, can have the highest winrate ever seen.

M

Mcgwain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. For me there are other clips, which are more damning for him. great forum:)