D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just listened to a great interview between James Hartigan, Joe Stapleton and Eric Seidel as part of pokerstars 20th Anniversary celebrations.

Eric Seidel can appear reserved even ill at ease in post game interviews but he absolutely shines in this interview. He is warm, conversational and really open. It's an interesting conversation as Seidel's career started pre-TV poker let alone pre-internet but he still remains relevant, winning the WCOOP Super Millions High Roller earlier this year.

Well worth a listen (you can download the podcast if you right click on the 'play' button then press 'Save as')

https://www.pokerstars.com/podcast/

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks, DS! I will definitely give this one a listen. :)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thanks, DS! I will definitely give this one a listen. :)

Cool! Really surprised me and I had a good idea that Seidel was a lot more relaxed off camera than on. Very enjoyable and humorous throughout!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've listened to roughly half of his interview so far and he comes across so incredibly humble. I also think he is one of those who is really easy to like.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've listened to roughly half of his interview so far and he comes across so incredibly humble. I also think he is one of those who is really easy to like.

Completely agree - he's charming.

Some really funny accounts of his 'stardom' and celebrity status (or lack thereof) in various settings!

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really good Post DS!

Just listened to a great interview between James Hartigan, Joe Stapleton and Eric Seidel as part of PokerStars 20th Anniversary celebrations.

Eric Seidel can appear reserved even ill at ease in post game interviews but he absolutely shines in this interview. He is warm, conversational and really open. It's an interesting conversation as Seidel's career started pre-TV poker let alone pre-internet but he still remains relevant, winning the WCOOP Super Millions High Roller earlier this year.

Well worth a listen (you can download the podcast if you right click on the 'play' button then press 'Save as')

https://www.pokerstars.com/podcast/

This was an excellent listen and sometimes i feel people forget how much of a crusher Eric Seidel is, his longevity in the game is immense as is his career earnings, sooner or later i feel this guy will make pokers hall of fame.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This was an excellent listen and sometimes i feel people forget how much of a crusher Eric Seidel is, his longevity in the game is immense as is his career earnings, sooner or later i feel this guy will make pokers hall of fame.

Agreed pirateglenn, I think what comes across is he is a really well rounded character with an easy going sense of humor. I remembered the first time I heard him chat quite a lot when he guested as a commentator (perhaps the EPT...hard to recall) and I was surprised how communicative he was.

By the by, Seidel was in fact inducted to the HoF in 2010 along with Dan Harrington.

(and I should correct myself at this point as Eric is actually spelt Erik).

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, the interview with Eric Seidel does not open. The link takes me to the pokerstars.com website and offers to download the client. I hope that an article will appear so that we can read in peace.:santaclau

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Unfortunately, the interview with Eric Seidel does not open. The link takes me to the PokerStars.com website and offers to download the client. I hope that an article will appear so that we can read in peace.:santaclau

I just checked and the link is fine. You click the link, scroll down half a screen and the interview can be played or downloaded as I noted above.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was great to listen to how thoughtful Eric truly is. He is very reserved at the tables so you don't hear much from him like the other big names in poker.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It was great to listen to how thoughtful Eric truly is. He is very reserved at the tables so you don't hear much from him like the other big names in poker.

Glad everyone enjoyed the podcast!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just checked and the link is fine. You click the link, scroll down half a screen and the interview can be played or downloaded as I noted above.
Maybe the browser redirects me. I do not know what the problem is, but apparently it's just me. Because other readers have everything working properly.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He is an OG of the old new york poker rooms. Cool cat for sure!!!

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest, for me, Eric is a greater poker player than Negreanu and Ivey. His understanding of the game and the players is simply unmatched. I watched tournaments with him when I first started playing poker, and he was great even before reaching the final table.