DDos attacks again...

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR and BCP have been down for days now due to a concerted Ddos attack. As usual, details are sketchy. Happened back in April, too. I have checked other news sites covering the world of malware & cyber attacks. Huge uptick in this class of attack on more than online poker rooms in 2017.

Motive has changed from political to dollars. A lot of these are now BTC ransom attacks. Increase in these episodes have coined a new name. RDos attacks. Can't say for sure in this case whether ACR/BCP paid in April or not. They had a big weekend then and this was one also this weekend.

I hope they find and cut the nuts off these a-holes.

I have a freeroll on BOL now. Will chat again later.

God bless. :mad::eek: :cool: :confused:

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems always around their 1 million GTD games

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How is it even possible that DDOS attacks can affect this companies. Aren't DDOS attacks like the most basic ones, and the easiest to defend against?

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Statement from ACR

Dear Valued Customer

Over the course of the past few days, our network has experienced severe Distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. While we will never pay one cent of extortion money in order to stop the attacks, we will be putting in considerable resources to determine who was behind the attack in the weeks to come.
Though we were able to successfully complete the Million Dollar Sunday tournament along with the Online Super Series, we’ve decided to postpone the Bigger Online Super Series that was scheduled to run September 6th-10th.

As per our terms and conditions, we were forced to cancel a number of Online Super Series events as well. Because of this, it only seems fair that we re-launch the entire Online Super Series Cub3d again, and increase the guaranteed prize pools of the entire event.

The Online Super Series Cub3d will relaunch from September 24th through October 22nd. The series will feature both a half-price Million Dollar Sundays tournament with a $250+$15 buy-in, along with another regular $540 buy-in $1,000,000 GTD the final Sunday of the BOSS.

I will be talking to players this afternoon about these developments and further details about the series via Twitch at 2:30pm, 3:00pm and 4:00pm ET. To follow the live stream CLICK HERE.

The postponement allows us time to strengthen our defenses against possible attacks in the future, and ensure network stability. We apologize for the disruption, and appreciate your ongoing loyalty as we deal with these attacks.

Thanks for your understanding,

Signature

Americas Cardroom CEO

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
half priced one seems nice I think, also seems less rake 6%

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they will fix the ddos right after they stop the multi entry cheaters

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not know that ?! I did not see news where it was said about this ?! if this becomes fashionable it will become difficult to play!

T

TheBartonator

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I see this stuff the conspiracy theorist in me always wonder if ignition or the other U.S facing sites do this to each other to send the market there way you know ? Lol just a crazy theory.