The 2020 WSOP final table is delayed due to Covid tests and travel

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
First, there is the news that Upeshka Silva is not allowed to participate at the wsop final table due to a Covid-19 positive test. He will receive $98, 813 and not be dealt a single hand at the final table. The rules were outlined in the WSOP guidelines well before the tournament began.

Positive COVID-19 Test Ahead of Final Table Busts Upeshka De Silva in 9th Place

Then we have Damian Salas of argentina, being held back due to authentication of Covid-19 tests before entering the USA. Therefore, the WSOP has decided to delay the start of the final table from December 30, 2020 to January 2, 2021 to accommodate Damian.

Damian Salas Can’t Enter US Right Now, WSOP Main Event Finale Pushed Back

Are you surprised at all by the events leading up to the 2020 WSOP final table at the Rio in Las Vegas?

Is there anything the WSOP could have done differently?

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Many things could have been done differently and as long as something has been done then it can be taken from there...the show must go on however.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Upeshka vs Covid 19 Disqualified!

Today I read in an article where the player Upeshka De Silva, was disqualified from the main event of the WSOP.com
It must be a horrible feeling to have to leave the tournament that way, although the tournament organization makes it clear that any player tested positive for the covid-19 before the final table would be disqualified.
"This whole experience has been an absolute disaster," De Silva wrote on Twitter. "I know I'm running out of options, but I want to at least spread the story about how they handled it and the protocols that were used."
I hope he has a speedy recovery, health first, God bless him...

Good luck at the tables!

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering the number of false positives and false negatives that happen with these tests, it is not surprising this happened. (This is not some reading of odd news, this comes from several medical people frustrated by it all.) They should have planned this better and not had this wild format that has been a pain from the beginning of it all.

Refinado Tom

Refinado Tom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope he can be played without problems. From Argentina We´ll be making force for Damian (pampa27) Salas.

He's a great player, a great person and very professional.
It´s important to note that he plays the final table of the WSOP 2017 and must get even with all the bad cards that were played and of these 5 that left him out on the river.

FUERZA PAMPA ! VAMOS !!

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's really unfortunate for upeshka de silva. Personally, I find there should have been more flexibility regarding covid tests.It should have been delayed untill everybody was able to play. Or they could have held it online. It' s just not fair for upeska.It is being delayed anyway because damian salas can't make it. It' s unfair to delay it for some players and not for others.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the rules were clear and already established, there is nothing more just than to follow them.

WSOP