***All Things Cryptocurrency***

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, welcome to thread!!!! Below is my comment from another BTC thread about the BTC bubble. That is cool to hear about your cousin, and a good plan to only invest what you can lose. Kind of like poker. Hopefully your cousin is sending BTC as a Christmas present :)

Yes, from an economic BTC is on it's way to bubble status, but unlike the "Tulip Bulbs", BTC will still have value. From a utility standpoint, BTC might not be work $XXK, but it worth more than $0. If you use it as an investment then there is risk. If you buy it when you need to use it to pay for a service, play online poker, or buy items in another country, then there is a great deal of value.

Think about the freedom of not having to go to a bank and exchange money at high fees to play poker in another country. Exchange BTC for the local currency and pay almost null in fees.

I bought into ETH after reading more about it. Fingers crossed for the long term. :)

vtriclone

vtriclone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTC hit 10k yesterday smh. I remember when we use to laugh at that coin. :(

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bitcoins are incredibly wasteful in terms of the amount of energy used to mine them. It uses more electricity than a country like ireland does.

Hopefully it gets outlawed pretty soon on environmental concerns. That would most definitely pop the bubble.

vtriclone

vtriclone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
today has been a crazy day as far as crypto trading goes. swings have been so crazy... following all the news on youtube

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bought into ETH after reading more about it. Fingers crossed for the long term. :)

That's a tough one. I saw that ETH is more of a means of exchange, and BTC is a store of value. ETH is used in ICO transactions so all of the DAOs are paid in ETH, but they have to exchange it for fiat to run the business.

today has been a crazy day as far as crypto trading goes. swings have been so crazy... following all the news on youtube * CRITICAL LEVEL $10 000 * BITCOIN trading live 24/7 - YouTube

Yeah, it's pretty crazy to see BTC above $10K, then dump, then go back up. I guess that's the new support level :)

vtriclone

vtriclone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the latest on crypto news... this show is also backed by Americas card room!

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the latest on crypto news... this show is also backed by Americas card room!
Bitcoin Futures Launching December 18th! Coinbase Taps TD Ameritrade Head For COO Role! - YouTube

I'm unsure how to feel about this news. It should be good for BTC in general, but there is a major issue with the mechanics of the futures. I'm most trades, you can can get the goods behind what you are trading. That is not true with Bitcoin, meaning if you buy 1 contract, you don't get 5 BTC at the end of the trade. It is settled in cash. That means that there can be a disconnect between the price of BTC and futures market.

It would have been a better deal if the futures were actually backed and settled in BTC.

P

PokerSki

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the best way to mine litecoin?

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure about mining. Is buying the rig still profitable to mine LTC? I'm not sure that the price is there to support it, but let me know.

vtriclone

vtriclone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man, btc keeps charging up. went past 14k today so crazy... they are saying it will be to 25k soon... hodlllll

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
man, btc keeps charging up. went past 14k today so crazy... they are saying it will be to 25k soon... hodlllll

I keep waiting to buy on a big dip and it doesn't seem to happen. Just going to ignore volatility and dollar-cost average I guess.

Bought some Cardano ADA recently. Fingers crossed for the long term.

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bitcoin :O

In one day rate bitcoin to dollar has risen by $ 5,000 :eek:

GPmHekV.png

Do you invest in bitcoins? lol

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In one day rate bitcoin to dollar has risen by $ 5,000 :eek:

GPmHekV.png

Do you invest in bitcoins? lol

Never, today I read that hackers have stolen about 66 million dollars (in bitcoin) from "bitcoin-miners".

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How about LTC today? Up like 27%.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep waiting to buy on a big dip and it doesn't seem to happen. Just going to ignore volatility and dollar-cost average I guess.

Bought some Cardano ADA recently. Fingers crossed for the long term.

You have to take market fundamentals out of the game plan when dealing with crypto. It's like the gold market on steroids :)

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What does everyone think will happen when the CBOE opens BTC futures to the world? Any price predictions on what will happen?

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion if you want to understand crypto-currency one great resource is on Facebook aka Ivan on Tech - https://www.facebook.com/ivanontech/
and another widely respected spokesperson in the crypto community is https://antonopoulos.com/

Yeah, Antonopoulos is really passionate about cryptos. I'm still shocked that people donated over $1.3M to him in a matter of days.

Good stuff :)

N

Nobodyguy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I Suggest Investing small amounts in others Cryptos, like 20 or 30 bucks each of the most famous, then leave it for a months stashed and check for profit. Then one day if possible and BTC has not broke yet buy and sell BTC

J

Javonne Baker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I brought the win I had the chance