Which poker room is best for a beginner to start playing with?

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
888 or pokerstars have good small level games and their software is user friendly for beginners to play on.

C

Cbabycee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
partypoker on a PC - they have freerolls every hour with lots of payouts of tickets for other games, they have just introduced ‘wiz’ their poker trainer who - If you want him to will assess your play hand by hand and advise on whether you did the right thing. After you’ve played so many hands you’ll get a full report identifying any leaks (but also celebrating strengths) and then it tailors ‘missions’ for you to work on your leaks. It’s pretty good. You have to have a clue because it will sometimes be upset that you didn’t fold K9 to an all in that meant you calling 100 more chips into a 5k pot even though you hadn’t hit it just because you are priced in, and it’s not looking at the whole picture just the basic facts. It doesn’t keep tabs on the other players you know have nothing. But it does give you some ideas on what you need to work on.

The games are a lot smaller fields lots of sit n gos, lot softer field. Lots of cheap satellites and chances to enter bigger but ins cheap - and lots of ways to build confidence and experience.

888 is another place for newbies - players lot softer and lots of freerolls.

I would advice you to stay away from GG - fields are HUGE and the site is very geared towards pressure, making decisions quickly, a lot of games that are just all in shootouts or start out with skill but end up with you going out even if you were the better player because the others guy dragged his timebank so it went into all in mode. Even the dramatic music puts you under pressure and then you don’t make good decisions. It’s not the place to learn poker.

Good luck

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
if you are a complete beginner, then 888 will be a good option. I would also recommend red star and pokerking, and I left pokerstars for later))

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
my opinion is that after all, start where there will be more freerolls, so as not to spend your funds on the game at the beginning, you can also improve your game on them, if he is a complete beginner. What are these rooms? I think 888poker and pokerstars
888poker definitely because the field is small and you also have many freerolls

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
my opinion is that after all, start where there will be more freerolls, so as not to spend your funds on the game at the beginning, you can also improve your game on them, if he is a complete beginner. What are these rooms? I think 888poker and pokerstars
888 is for sure, but I'm not sure about PokerStars. PokerStars has severely limited freerolls, so this is not an option for a beginner. 888, without question, there are always a lot of freerolls and any beginner can use these freerolls to learn the basics of the game without risking their own money.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm not sure it's really about the poker room that would be best for a beginner but looking for tournaments or games that allow you to have fun and learn the game. Free rolls of the great for a person who is not played at all to learn the basics and get used to the software but even they don't play as real of a game there. I think the best thing for a person to do is look for a site that's safe and allowable where they live but also has small buy INS and if they like tournaments smaller fields. Winning 300 buy INS is great, starting off in a tournaments where you're playing 4000 people to get that big win a new player is more likly to go broke and give up playing the game