Chips
My 1st event in only 2 days!20180529 145136

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is fantastic! Best of luck and I look forward to following along!

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its been a very hectic few weeks. 0 days off and many long days. Below are my stats since summer grind started. Will do a full write up when i actually have some time off.

Live Stats
-----------------
Entries:28

Cashes:4

Total Buy-ins:28k

Cashes:14k

Deepest Finish: 20th/2500

M

MrTerek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those of you who don't know who I am: My name is Ryan Laplante, I am a 28 year old poker professional. Over the 9 years I've played professionally

The most memorable hand of the day:

Big Blind 800, I have 23000 in chips and am in the big blind with AsKc.

UTG (unknown) opens to 1600, folds to Katz in MP1 who calls, then folds to my big blind.

With AKo here I have 2 reasonable options, I can 3bet to a sizing like 6-8k, or I can shove all in. As there is no ICM pressure on me, I decided the higher variance line of 3betting to 7k would be better than just jamming.

UTG calls and Katz calls.

Pot:22,300

Flop:Jc7s6c

I have only 16000 in chips and the pot size is 22000. This is a fairly wet board and either of my opponents can pretty easily have top pair, sets, straight draws or flush draws. That being said, with less than 80% pot in my stack, 2 overs and some back door draws, I believed that this was a pretty typical shove spot for me.

So, I went all in for 16,000, UTG folded, and Katz called with 23cc.

I dodged his pair and flush outs and vaulted up to 54k, after having been at a low point once of 13k!

With 2 hands left in the night, David Sands shoved 18bb from the sb, I was in bb with Ad2s, and made a very begrudging call
. I held vs his JTo, and thus I bagged 78k in chips to end the night.

Day 2 is in only 3.5 hours, and it will be big blind 1200.

I hope to run well today, and continue to play my best!

Thank you all for reading and best of luck at the tables!

Is it Pro game??)
From time to time I don't understand how u can win anything

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a long and crazy grind the last 3+ weeks has been.

Summer started off pretty rough, didn't really start to get traction until the 18th, but once i got that traction I couldn't really cool off for almost 2 weeks!

The weekend before the 18th I fired 7 entries into the $1,000 double stack, and didn't cash. Played great the whole time and was really happy with my game for the whole summer really, but outside of a handful of min cashes really didn't get anything going.

The 18th I sat down to play a $1500 NLHE bracelet event. On 1st break I had almost 4x starting stack, 2 days later busted in 16th.

After I busted hopped into a $2500 buy-in wsop event, and 3 days later had my 1st FT of the summer finishing 6th for 87k!

Was a wonderful handful of days, having back to back deep runs with great results, especially the FT being for enough to save my summer grind and put me in an amazing spot to have a huge summer.

I followed this little few day run up by continuing to run deep, finishing 27th in the $10,000 PLO World Championship, my 1st cash in a 10k at the WSOP, then had a 28th place finish in the $1k tag team event, and finally a 32nd place finish in the $10,000 PLO Hi-Lo World Championhsip.

It was a whirlwind of 2 weeks, with some close calls to a 2nd bracelet but an incredible result overall and one I am happy with.

I've also managed to make day 2 of the Main Event, and have 87k in chips, play resumes tomorrow for me with bb600.

Was a fun day of grinding yesterday, hopefully many more days left in the main for me!

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Good summer so far!

Wish you good luck and run deep in the Main Event :top:

nml

nml

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats Ryan! Will be following along with your progress today. Good luck!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck in the WSOP:top:

WSOP