Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Deb, I know it was just released, but are you thinking about a CardsChat Meet Up event for the Colossus this year around October 29-31 weekend? I'm hyped for the schedule released.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have official approval yet but it is likely our team event will be the Colossus this year. :)

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't have official approval yet but it is likely our team event will be the Colossus this year. :)

There's a good chance I may be able to make it out there again this year!!

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Keep us posted as there is a great possibility this may fall right into my work schedule

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hoping to be able to go as well. Just not sure I can during that week. But I still thinking of trying to go. :)

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I might end up holding off til next year. Was hoping I could get a friend to travel with me, but no one is available. A couple of them said next year is better for them. Might just save the money I was going to use and keep saving for next year's and play in even more events.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I wish! :bawling:

Hopefully will make it to Vegas, someday..! :eek:

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hope to find out for sure very soon!

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I just made a deal with the devil... I may be able to make it that weekend after all. Stay tuned. Still a maybe.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who else plans on participating this year?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I want to go but the cost are making it not possible for me this year. I may look to drive to NYC or Boston for a flight tonight and hope to get lucky but I think I may have to miss it this year.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to go but the cost are making it not possible for me this year. I may look to drive to NYC or Boston for a flight tonight and hope to get lucky but I think I may have to miss it this year.

Dang - hate that but I understand. I had to use skymiles or my flight would have been almost $800 and thankfully I have the timeshare there.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Right now my plan is to come down for the Mini-main on November 3rd, then maybe find some side events if I bust. The difference in hotel and flight prices for the Halloween weekend versus the mid-week prices when the mini-main runs are pretty significant, so I'd rather invest that $$$ into an event buy-in than an overpriced room.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Dang - hate that but I understand. I had to use skymiles or my flight would have been almost $800 and thankfully I have the timeshare there.

My wife has encouraged me to go after such a rough time this past year+ but I decided I can't. The saving drivings 3 or 4 hours was not worth it and $900+ for the cheap awkward timed flights were killer but it was the hotel cost that finished it. The hotel prices are just to much but the dam add on fee are ridiculous where at one place was nearly tripling the price.

I have decided to take the 3+ grand for the 5 day trip and do something nice for my wife. She lost her diamond in the engagement ring a few years back and it is our 25th anniversary in in October. I am going to get the diamond replaced instead. She maybe encouraging me to go this year and I want to but she deserve this more than I deserve the trip. 3k on a trip, OUCH...... spending as much on a diamond for my wife... Priceless.

I do play on being there next year. Hopefully the cost are more normal by then.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife has encouraged me to go after such a rough time this past year+ but I decided I can't. The saving drivings 3 or 4 hours was not worth it and $900+ for the cheap awkward timed flights were killer but it was the hotel cost that finished it. The hotel prices are just to much but the dam add on fee are ridiculous where at one place was nearly tripling the price.

I have decided to take the 3+ grand for the 5 day trip and do something nice for my wife. She lost her diamond in the engagement ring a few years back and it is our 25th anniversary in in October. I am going to get the diamond replaced instead. She maybe encouraging me to go this year and I want to but she deserve this more than I deserve the trip. 3k on a trip, OUCH...... spending as much on a diamond for my wife... Priceless.

I do play on being there next year. Hopefully the cost are more normal by then.

Husband of the year!

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So, there is a ton of stuff happening in work this fall.

I am diligently working to make it there this fall.

The fall may actually turn out to be perfect timing. I will definitely know within the next 3 weeks.

E

EvoSlike

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
My wife has encouraged me to go after such a rough time this past year+ but I decided I can't. ........

Just one word
BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Husband of the year!

Just one word
BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL

Thank you both.

I did purchase the diamond yesterday 0.70 carrot and will be having the ring refurbished as well. Not a cheap day yesterday but its worth it. Here picture of the ring with the diamond. Will look much better once its installed and refurbished. I am not much of a jewelry person but the colors coming from the diamond were very pretty.

Ken

Attachments

• ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 39
JoeShowdown

JoeShowdown

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope cardschat does a team event again. If not the colossus how about a freezeout event so we all have 1 bullet instead of 16 bullets like Ryan LaPlante :)

Monday oct 18 is a $500 freezeout 2 day event #35

compared to colossus where we have to pay weekend rates fri oct 28 1A sat oct 29 1B with day 2 sunday.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope cardschat does a team event again. If not the colossus how about a freezeout event so we all have 1 bullet instead of 16 bullets like Ryan LaPlante :)

Monday oct 18 is a $500 freezeout 2 day event #35

compared to colossus where we have to pay weekend rates fri oct 28 1A sat oct 29 1B with day 2 sunday.

You are too late - I have already booked my trip lol.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, there is a ton of stuff happening in work this fall.

I am diligently working to make it there this fall.

The fall may actually turn out to be perfect timing. I will definitely know within the next 3 weeks.

George, you have to go...you're the defending "Last player standing". Don't waste that swagger.

Good luck to all who decide to play in the Colossus...it was an absolute blast in 2019, but I shall pass this year (being overly cautious, I know). Hope to see you all in 2022. Hope they keep it in October, instead of June or July...way too hot for me to go outside the hotel.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Colossus event has been approved - look for an announcement within the next day or 2! :)

WSOP