WSOP 5K Max Why no penalty?

Y

yovic7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everybody! I have a question for you. I was watching the wsop 5K 6 Max final table and a confusing issue came up.

Here’s what happened: Jamie O’Connor was on the Button. Pierre Calamusa was in the small blind. O’Connor limped, Calamusa raised. Everyone folded. Then Olivier Busquet and Joe Cada started saying to Calamusa that he should not have been able to raise there.

After some discussion, I think, Calamusa limped out of turn, then raised when O’Connor limped. I think Calamusa got confused on whether he had to post the small blind or big blind. He was talking to his rail just before the hand. I don’t think he was angling.

So my question is: If he limped out of turn, why wasn’t he penalized for acting out of turn in the first place???

If you’d like to take a look at it, the hand happens at 1 hour and 9 minutes into the PokerGo broadcast.

I’d love your take on it!

Thanks!!

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think at this point in a big tournament they players don’t want to be penalizing each other because of a small mistake. If nothing was purposely malicious I say just correct it and move on

WSOP