hi hi everyone!!! :ciao:

the 2021 WSOP starts September 30th at the Rio in Las Vegas
how exciting!!
appears the buy-ins range from $50k to $400
yikes

any CardsChat member going? Debi?

here is schedule
https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/

My wife gave me the OK to go this year today if I really wanted to. Now just need to just thought all the hoops to make it happen. Just hope I can get the time off I need to go and play.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife gave me the OK to go this year today if I really wanted to. Now just need to just thought all the hoops to make it happen. Just hope I can get the time off I need to go and play.
hi hi luve!!! :ciao:
wow GO and gl gl gl gl gl gl gl gl gl

i was think $400 manageable just to experience it
but see room rates $35 go to $300-$400 on weekend
to play that event would cost, just accommodation extra 2k - yikes
if you attend i be jealous
please, we all wish hear, all about the experience!!!!
hope you can

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
hi hi luve!!! :ciao:
wow GO and gl gl gl gl gl gl gl gl gl

i was think $400 manageable just to experience it
but see room rates $35 go to $300-$400 on weekend
to play that event would cost, just accommodation extra 2k - yikes
if you attend i be jealous
please, we all wish hear, all about the experience!!!!
hope you can

Hi Krista, thank you.

I played in the $400.00 one with team cardchat in 2019 and the experience was absolutely incredible. Of course the cash helped, my 1st.. Yeah did a quick look at flights and room and if anything that will stop me maybe that cost this year but i am hoping. Bit shock by the cost at the moment. LOL

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Krista, thank you.
I played in the $400.00 one with team cardchat in 2019 and the experience was absolutely incredible. Of course the cash helped, my 1st.. Yeah did a quick look at flights and room and if anything that will stop me maybe that cost this year but i am hoping. Bit shock by the cost at the moment. LOL
hi hi luve!!!
awesome & congrats on 2019 success
sure hope you can make it
need let us know

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do planning on going late Oct/early Nov. Can't wait!

We have a timeshare right behind Harrah's so I won't need to worry about a room. Though I will likely have an offer for a few "free" nights at the Palazzo and will probably take advantage of that. I say "free" because I would still have to pay the $45 resort fee but it is worth it.

The Rio and other Caesars properties are offering a discount - use the room code: WSOPM. Some rooms are as low as $47 a night but don't forget the resort fees and taxes.

Last edited:
Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

We have a timeshare right behind Harrah's so I won't need to worry about a room. Though I will likely have an offer for a few "free" nights at the Palazzo and will probably take advantage of that. I say "free" because I would still have to pay the $45 resort fee but it is worth it.

The Rio and other Caesars properties are offering a discount - use the room code: WSOPM. Some rooms are as low as $47 a night but don't forget the resort fees and taxes.

Did not know this Debi, Thanks for the tip. Sadly the days I am looking at is not one of the cheap nights. Oddly I have never seen the rates so high. I get supply and demand but the rates for this in 2019 compared for this year are over 4 times higher. Then the resort fees UGH. Bit of a sticker shock. Started to look at airfares as well. Double ouch. LOL

Looking at doing a trip with the wife in august and would save money going with her for the week.

C

Criminal Bizzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't know where to find discounts like this. If you know about anymore deals can you please share? I have a youtuber friend coming from canada who will be in town for the entire WSOP.

C

Criminal Bizzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I will be playing any of the WSOP events myself but I plan on grinding cash games a lot and will go check out some events from the rail.

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Thanks for the heads up!

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I play a few lower buy-in WSOP tournaments every year. However, I'm not playing this year because of the date changes. Good luck if you go and play.

WSOP