Women and the preconception on tables

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My girlfriend has been playing poker for a while, playing for the team and everything, but whenever she's at the tables and makes a move, some play that pisses off or gets the guys token, they dump profanity, humiliate, spill hate. How to get around this? Why do guys feel entitled to do such idiots?

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not noticed much of that in my experience.
I do think that guys underestimate womans abilities and also like to be a little condescending, but not as outright rude to them.
But there are always some players who are going to be jerks to anyone at the table and also men whose egos can't handle losing to a girl.

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you playing with mysogins and machos? :). Usualy I feel some players even play "nicer" with ladies in live tournament. Their loss.

nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Woman and the preconception on tables

I have not noticed much of that in my experience.
I do think that guys underestimate womans abilities and also like to be a little condescending, but not as outright rude to them.
But there are always some players who are going to be jerks to anyone at the table and also men whose egos can't handle losing to a girl.

a friend’s girl played in our company, he taught her to play, he has an aggressive, tight style, it became dangerous to play with her. such people will always be, unfortunately (((have no brain !!!

G

gersom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are idiots anyway. It's not just that she is a woman, they attack anyone who is superior to them anyway. This has to be fuel to play better and better to get such people off the table, taking all their chips!

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because women. Cant play poker.....essentially. no, I myself am not saying women cant play because I play with a few lethal women. It's the mindset however of those guys. Poker has always been a man's game and just like other sports implimenting the female form it starts becoming a real "fear" of women taking over or even being BETTER then said guys. I see it all the time at tables , some chicks are brutal when they play, like it's their first time playing poker and they get racked hard so any chick that hits the tables after that is just "another fish" especially attractive women. It's a terrible thing but it will never die out , just like race. People are so hell bent on trying to being someone else down

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Playing CC games & events will disabuse one of the notion that da ladies cannot play poker.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Life is tough. And if a girl decided to play poker, she should understand what awaits her, and the game contains not only gentlemen, but also a lot of cattle and intellectually undeveloped people.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not looking at gender or nationality at the table. My observation is based on play strictly. Don't see anything besides that or care to presume how people will play based on those factors.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, it does not matter to me who my opponent is at the table. But I also believe that any sexist statements are inadmissible.

marcofud

marcofud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also met at the tables with rudeness and profanity, it is best on pokerstars turn off chad and after the matter on other tables I do not pay attention to this, greetings everyone at the tables let's love

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally bad, I think they shouldn't do that.
Everyone should be respected and I think nobody has the right to try to intimidate people in this way.
Completely unacceptable.[emoji107][emoji107]

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally poker is the most prejudice proof game that i can think of. Everybody who has some brain knows that there is no matter if the player against you is man or woman, what is his/her race, religion, nationality or anything else. It is either good player or bad player against you. Those players who start to insult other just need to be removed from the table.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve been subjected to a lot of bullying and harassment at the poker table, but am glad to at least say that is at the vast minority of tables I’ve played at. Still, I think no player, male or female, should be subjected to that kind of verbal abuse.

The best way we have to make everyone feel more comfortable in the game is to stand up for anyone we feel is being grossely treated. I’ve been physically threatened for standing up for a dealer before, and even though the experience shook me, I’m still glad I did it. We have to let people know that it’s not okay to act like a jerk, because if we sit silently by as it happens then we are passively endorsing the abuse.