Old Woman Coffee??

Z

zombie_poker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This happened at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi, MS to my cousin. He was telling me about it and I wanted to get some opinions from the poker community. He doesn't remember exact position or effective stacks. This is 1/3 NL. Basically there was an older woman sitting at the table with them. She had not played a single hand in the hour and a half my cousin was at the table. Not a single one. OTTH: There were a couple of limpers in EP or MP, then she raised in somewhat later position. (He doesn't remember the amount) It was folded to him on the button with AQs. This is where he and I have our differences. He said he should at least call her raise, he has position on her. I think he should have folded. She hasn't played a hand in almost two hours. Just fold and save yourself the heartache. I'm curious what ya'll would do?

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happened at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi, MS to my cousin. He was telling me about it and I wanted to get some opinions from the poker community. He doesn't remember exact position or effective stacks. This is 1/3 NL. Basically there was an older woman sitting at the table with them. She had not played a single hand in the hour and a half my cousin was at the table. Not a single one. OTTH: There were a couple of limpers in EP or MP, then she raised in somewhat later position. (He doesn't remember the amount) It was folded to him on the button with AQs. This is where he and I have our differences. He said he should at least call her raise, he has position on her. I think he should have folded. She hasn't played a hand in almost two hours. Just fold and save yourself the heartache. I'm curious what ya'll would do?

I'm on your side. I am not giving this old nit a chance to dust off those chips (I mean this literally, I'm not letting her knock the dust off her moldy chips vs me). A-Q no good. She isn't likely to stack off unless we cold deck her, like K-J-10 or something. Nits like money. They don't give it away easily.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IP with a decent hand we need to call. I can tell you right now she has AA,KK,maybe QQ or JJ. But we want to play this just to see a (potential) miracle flop. We certainly shouldn't raise pre btw.

We have to call just from the implied odds here. If we flop trip queens, a straight, or a flush we are going to stack off hopefully. If we don't catch a decent flop we have an easy fold.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IP with a decent hand we need to call. I can tell you right now she has AA,KK,maybe QQ or JJ. But we want to play this just to see a (potential) miracle flop. We certainly shouldn't raise pre btw.

We have to call just from the implied odds here. If we flop trip queens, a straight, or a flush we are going to stack off hopefully. If we don't catch a decent flop we have an easy fold.

What about potentially reverse implied odds? Like we flip top pair and we still in bad bad shape. Gotta be able to get away unless we flip huge, and then maybe this nit only bets once and gives up? Nits generally don't dive into trunks on Q-Q-X with KK or AA

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I'm with you. I love to see a flop if the price is right. You never know what will happen after that. AA, KK, QQ & JJ lose all the time.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Too bad there is no information about the effective stacks or the raise amount.. if it's a small raise then there's no reason not to see a flop and maybe pay off her coffee.

MarceloMC

MarceloMC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
certainly she had any big pair from JJ ahead i.e. with some advatage for the old lady and possibly AA that would be the only hand where AQ would be fully dominated despite after a long time not playing she could be ansious to play with any big pair not only AA or KK...
So depending on the size of raise and with a stack possibly small after so many folds on her blinds so I would pay with AQ and see the flop and how she would play after the flop...

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, no. Sorry guys I just can't give action to some old nit sitting there reading the newspaper and waiting for KK+ to even play a hand. They are a waste of a chair TbH. I know the type OP speaks of.

They don't give action. They nut peddle. AQ no good and most importantly, I can't stand donating to nits.

Mikeisanace777

Mikeisanace777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With aq suited you can call see if you get a flush draw many times nit's like this on boards like 6-10-J two clubs will just be checked or not bet very much post flop with AA-KK-QQ from the nit. You have a flush draw a gut shot and kinda know where you stand as behind but drawing strong.

It's pretty easy to fold here pre flop if she has 185 bucks and bets a lot after not playing for an hour.