What would you do in this situation?

N

NoBadBeatzPlz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I am new to this forum. I would like some people's opinions in this hand that I was involved in.

This is a $1/$3 $300 cap NLH live game.

I was dealt 4h 4d UTG I call $3 effective stack size $675.
UTG+1 Raises to $15 effective stack size $350.
HJ re-raises to $25 effective stack size $185.
Button calls $25 effective stack size $650.
I call $25 and the original raiser calls $10 more.

Five players into the pot with $125 in the pot. Flop comes 4s Jc Ts.
I check, UTG+1 bets $100, HJ shoves for the remaining of his chips $160 and button re-shoves for $460. Can you please tell me what would you do here with a set?

I will tell you guys what the other guys had later, keep in mind these guys were playing pretty solid all night long.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, first welcome to CC, in that case I would very hard fold it would have to have a very specific information from my opponents since I do not think anyone will go all-in in that way with just a flush project that's why The only way that I would fold that set is to place them in a range with JJ or TT, but I think that would not be your case because if that were the case, there would be no reason to call with 44 in the pre-flop, that I would call without thinking too much

N

NoBadBeatzPlz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you "greatgame230" I did fold.

UTG+1 had Ah Ac
HJ had 9d 9h
Button had Qc Qs

I would of won the hand btw turn was 3s river was Kc it just so weird the way the hand was played out and I have no idea why UTG+1 never re-raised pre flop with pocket Aces. Only smooth called $10 more into a 5 way multi way pot?? Pretty strange...he had the option to re-raise if he wanted to...never did.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why the bet sizing?

Hello, I am new to this forum. I would like some people's opinions in this hand that I was involved in.

This is a $1/$3 $300 cap NLH live game.

I was dealt 4h 4d UTG I call $3 effective stack size $675.
UTG+1 Raises to $15 effective stack size $350.
HJ re-raises to $25 effective stack size $185.
Button calls $25 effective stack size $650.
I call $25 and the original raiser calls $10 more.

Five players into the pot with $125 in the pot. Flop comes 4s Jc Ts.
I check, UTG+1 bets $100, HJ shoves for the remaining of his chips $160 and button re-shoves for $460. Can you please tell me what would you do here with a set?

I will tell you guys what the other guys had later, keep in mind these guys were playing pretty solid all night long.

Thank you for posting.

Do not ever limp utg 66-22 vs solid aggressive players. The reason? You made a set and folded due to the action JJ 1010 very possible holdings. So is KQs 40% equity on that flop.

Change your reads these are not solid players. They are weak tight. Why?

The preflop action vs the hand strengths the players held. I read your other post.

So with weak tight players as played it is a call on the flop. Why?

The Btn shove looks very strong. Why would it be? JJ 1010 should call why shove? The QQ player shoved thinking it was best. Why would this same player shove JJ or 1010?
You want stacks with sets so why bet big.

Hope this helps

:):)