What would you do???

B

BoonDockPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this hand we are in a Live tournament with starting stacks of 25,000 and are 12 hands in at this point. You have built your stack up to 32,300.

You are the BB of 200 in a 9 player table

MP, HJ, Cut off, button and SB Limp (so with my BB 1,200 in pot)

You see AsKs and make it 1,400 and get a caller from HJ and Button

So 4,800 in pot to the flop

Flop = Ts 8s 2c

You bet 2,400 with nut flush draw and 2 overs

Just the HJ calls

Pot 9,600

At this point I will tell you about the HJ...

11 previous hands saw flop 11 times
4 hands all in twice preflop (AK and QQ Shown) 2 on turn with draw or mid pair

Turn is a 9c

you bet 6,000 and he insta Shoves and has you covered.

I will fill in the rest tomorrow.. I am looking for other opinions on this hand. This is an actual hand from tonight.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After the iso and being called by both opponents there is no sense in betting OOP here - we have to much equity and would be best to begin with a check here with the intent to check-raise. With two overcards and the nut flush draw, we have more equity than overpairs technically beating us right now - so the line for me here is check with intent to raise flop - then jam turn. Runout my equity and let the cards fall where they may.

When we lead OOP into villans like this it becomes much harder to range them and we just get lost as to where we stand in the hand.

Hope this makes sense and is helpful.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
With 5 limpers in the pot I would bump this up to somewhere between 10-12BB. It might seem like, 7BB is a large openraise already, but if a single person had opened to 2,5BB, then a standard 3-bet out of position would be 4X or 10BB. Here there is way more dead money in the pot, and yet you go much smaller. This is literally begging for one or more players to call you in position and either suck out on you or outplay you after the flop. Its totally fine, if they all fold, and you pick up a 7BB pot uncontested with AKs.

Flop
Great flop obviously, and I can get on board with Jon Pokers check-raise idea, but I think, its completely fine to C-bet as well.

Turn
Now the situation gets somewhat more dicey. With only one more card to come, you have lost a substantial amount of equity to made hands, and its also not a great card for you, because it might have made him a straight or two pair, in which case your overcard outs are no longer good. Even worse if he just improved to one of those kind of hands, he is likely to raise a turn bet, and I really dont want to get raised on the turn, when I am drawing.

So I prefer to check the turn. If he check back, thats great, and if he give a reasonable price, we can call and try to hit on the river. You do bet though, and when he jam on you, I think, this is a fairly easy fold. You are getting less than 2:1, so factoring in ICM you need to have somewhere around 40% equity to make this call, and that would require him to have an awfull lot of bluffs in his range. Which is kind of unlikely, since you block both the A and K high flushdraws, which are some of his most likely bluffing hands.

B

BoonDockPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great thanks for you opinions. I am always looking for different perspectives in order to improve....

Here is how it finished out....

If was any other player would have been a harder decision.... But without him raising the preflop or flop (showing a good hand) and from what I have seen all in post flop means a weak hand I call. In addition still in re-entry period.

the flop was a 2h and I won with Ace High.

I felt with the all in he was on a draw from information i had.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would fold . he has either a set or maybe the straight so it seems . you only have a flush draw . i would not risk it

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am with Jon here and with 2 called OOP with a really great drawing hand I would opt for the check raise. That being said to the way the hand played.

The problem with the turn is it smashes his calling range. QJ just made the straight. T9 just went from top pair to 2 pair. he could have already flopped a set or 2 pair of T8. It he called a flop bet with a ten is he really folding it here. I would have prefered a check here. As played we need to call 22500 to win a pot of 66600. We need about 34% equity to call here. Even if we knew our overs were good we dont have the correct odds to call. Even if he is bluffing with 4th pair with 32 we just dont really want to call this spot. Hate to fold but I would fold here.