Someone shows there hand before..

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the ruling on this. I am on the final table in a £88 Thursday night 8K tourney 5 players left get into an hand with Villan 1 and 3 I am in position 4 holding Ad 3s flop comes 4h 5d 7c no big bets turn was Js then river is 2d Villan 1 bets 100000 Villan 3 calls so I shove 360000 chips Villan one calls and shows his cards 6s 8d. So now Villan 3 folds knowing he's beat. What's the ruling here.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Action would still be legal. He may get a warning or even a penalty but if it's his first real offense it wouldn't cause a fault at the table. The only thing the early shower did was cost himself more chips

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the ruling on this. I am on the final table in a £88 Thursday night 8K tourney 5 players left get into an hand with Villan 1 and 3 I am in position 4 holding Ad 3s flop comes 4h 5d 7c no big bets turn was Js then river is 2d Villan 1 bets 100000 Villan 3 calls so I shove 360000 chips Villan one calls and shows his cards 6s 8d. So now Villan 3 folds knowing he's beat. What's the ruling here.

The player that showed his hand killed his own action....the other opponent might have called and given him more chips. His hand is live and because he tabled it he will win the pot with the nuts.

Should be a warning to the player that showed his hand - unless he's already had a warning and now it could be a one round penalty.

Ultimately TDA rules gives the floor wide discretion in what they want to do and how.

Good luck !

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He should be required to pay You half the amount of chips that player 3 would have put in the pot if he had called, because You might have 6 8 too and the pot splits... If the 3rd player would have called without seeing the cards you would have won more in that case so he is potentially stealing your chips with that move...

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
warning

they player showing cards prematurally should get a warnnng and second time disnissed!

or i would leave the table

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He should be required to pay You half the amount of chips that player 3 would have put in the pot if he had called, because You might have 6 8 too and the pot splits... If the 3rd player would have called without seeing the cards you would have won more in that case so he is potentially stealing your chips with that move...

This is an interesting take on the situation.

But, tournament poker does not work this way. Your future action can be penalized. Not your chips (typically).

Good luck !

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The cards must be shown to all players and any action remaining is legal unless there’s other evidence of collusion. The player should be penalised for showing their cards out of turn.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands