Should the WSOP Main Event Final Table go back to the November 9 format or continue to play through?

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On Ashley Sleeth's Tuesday LiveStream, I asked Ashley how her fiance Jesse Sylvia felt leading up to his Main Event November 9 appearance back in 2012. This prompted me to ask Ashley her thoughts on the current format of the Main Event Final Table or if the November 9 format should be restored. Ashley offers her thoughts beginning at 2:15:27.

So, this topic led me to ask CardsChat members, should the wsop Main Event final table restore the November 9 format or continue to play through during the WSOP? Share your thoughts.

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
I think it is better to play through during the WSOP because there are a many players who will not play this event because they are not happy to come back to play at 9th november (2 trips from Euro is to much).

Also you are not sure if there will be new restrictions when covid-19 is coming back and the borders are closed again.

I like to play the event and end it as soon as possible.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am 100% for playing through. The past 2 years have taught us that you cannot rely on the future. Get it one while you can!

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the motivation is to create more interest and poker fans from tv - then posponing the final table until Nov gives time to pump up the sport. Hey Final Table in November! Catch all the televised action Tuesday-Tuesday-Tuesday from 7 till midnite!

If the motivation is to determine who the best tournament player in that field is - then running the final table through immediately is the answer.

But postponing would allow the final table players to enter more WSOP tournaments that are scheduled right after the Main Event. They're running relatively good and they are guaranteed some money so why not enter some more tournies while you're in Vegas? Final tabling another one would be a great story for the news!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A terrible idea, what a 2 month delay did was to give people plenty of time to lose interest in the event.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally agree with Kenzie about losing interest…also agree with Debi and Scooby with respect to additional costs and possible future health restrictions. Mike, your point about allowing players to enter more events knowing that they have locked up a million dollars is valid, but giving more time to hype the final table could backfire and viewers may lose interest.

WSOP