• Total voters
peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you were to choose between being able to know the flop before hand or see you the villain's hand, which one would you choose.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Definitely being able to see your opponents' hand is more advantageous than seeing the flop before hand.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Oh, that's easy - being able to see opponent's hand... :D

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think no one would refuse to see the opponent's hand! This is more important for winning!

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, that's easy - being able to see opponent's hand... :D

Definitely being able to see your opponents' hand is more advantageous than seeing the flop before hand.

I think no one would refuse to see the opponent's hand! This is more important for winning!
The old question between what do I have and what my opponent has, for me seeing 5 cards are worth more than 4 cards, I can play a wide range of hands, my opponent range I can guess it.
Say I have 83/72/T2 etc and I know the flop will come TT3 or 728 etc, it will be more advantageous to me than my opponent holding. Thus I wont be putting chips in without having an edge on V

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Would politely decline both. :)

Being a card magician opens up all kinds of 'superpowers' when playing poker, but anything which gives you an unfair advantage over your opponents is cheating.

Early on in my poker journey I knew that I would never cheat in poker and that any "win" derived from unfair means would be empty and meaningless.

Therefore poker and card magic have boundaries which never overlap for me...

(Besides that one game of strip poker that one time)

[Every rule has exceptions :biggrin:]

A

AceOfJax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obvious answer is seeing your opponents hand because you'd never lose a session.

A

AceOfJax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would politely decline both. :)

Being a card magician opens up all kinds of 'superpowers' when playing poker, but anything which gives you an unfair advantage over your opponents is cheating.

Early on in my poker journey I knew that I would never cheat in poker and that any "win" derived from unfair means would be empty and meaningless.

Therefore poker and card magic have boundaries which never overlap for me...

(Besides that one game of strip poker that one time)

[Every rule has exceptions [emoji3]]
Get off your moral high horse Mr. Goody Two Shoes. Poker by nature is trying to lie and deceive others.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seeing the opponent's hand is much more advantageous than seeing the Flop. I'd like to think I have pretty good hand reading ability anyway, but knowing the exact two cards they hold every hand, from the start, is just too overpowered :D

Interesting option would be a third voting option of choosing to see the River card instead of the opponent hand or Flop. Yeah, I know the Flop lets you see 3 cards versus the one card on the River, but you know how many bad beats happen on the River? :p

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ego control, is the most important, as sport Poker must retain unpredictable, not talking about money only.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd rather see the villian's hand, because if I know the flop, I can only be sure of my victory if I have the strongest hand.
On the other hand, if I see the villian's hand, it shouldn't hurt, because if his hand is better at the table than mine, I'll fold, but if I'm ahead, I'll give it.
That's it.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you were to choose between being able to know the flop before hand or see you the villain's hand, which one would you choose.
Jeez! See the villain's hand, without a shadow of a doubt.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100% for me is knowing when to fold and having that telepathy when in tough situations would make me a wealthy man lol