Poker Go!

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Started a Poker Go subscription and if anyone has time, would love to discuss details in what they see per episode.

Starting High Stakes Poker - Season 1 - Episode 1 (2006)

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool, so I generally like to review things twice before commenting but I’m pressed for time right now and going to watch again later. Here is what I noticed in watching, I am not claiming to be right and in fact if I am wrong In what I see please correct me, I’m not looking to be right but to improve. :)

At the start Daniel was aggressive, he set the tone and influenced many to fold because of it. The idea of knowing what everyone thinks of you or rather how they perceive you greatly increases equity IMO. I used to think his talking was because of arrogance but he is looking for information with each question and statement, when you react, you give information and he picks up on it in great detail. This is why players abhor the no talking rule.

One thing you (or should say I) never see the great players do is ever play with their chips. This gives off information, the way you handle them, the speed of how you handle them, I think it speaks volumes in what type of hand you have or how you are feeling.
For instance at 24:24 when the doctor was playing with his chips all fancy like, he might as well of just flipped over his monster hand lol…why do that? Why show boat, why give any extra information, it only costs you money. Keeps you from being balanced…although at the end of the episode he was ahead 100k…I still believe this is a major flaw to do while playing.

I have only seen Barry Greenstein play in two videos and he is obviously an amazing poker player, but man he sure looks depressed…I just don’t see how I can attach emotions like that…the game has variance, proper bankroll management and skill wins in the long run, why get depressed. I like the comment Jennifer Harman made about if she is out of the tournament she just quietly walks away. That’s all you should do IMO and just go to the next tournament and not get angry or bummed etc. It’s just cards

Let’s see at 29 mins Daniel said “yeah yeah yeah your coming with the speech” to the Doctor and folds.. he could tell instantly he needed to fold. Why make a speech about your hand lol you just give off information…

I learned a new term and that is people that are there to watch you play that are friends and family are “sweaters” lol I think that’s what I heard, need to rewatch.

At 33:40 with set over set, it’s hard to lay down a set..I think he made the right call but curious if you watch what you think of that hand/play. Should forest of done something more? Looked for more tells?

Thanks

Last edited:
Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally have a lot of downtime, finally…and picking back up where I left off and been taking notes.

2006: episode 7 High Stakes poker and at 21:50 watching Chamanara shove AJ suited (preflop) against Johnny Chan’s Aces is rough to watch, Chamanara just sat back down from the bathroom and shoved (wth)… lol Johnny taking down a monster pot of 301k in cash. AJ suited or not will get you in all kinds of trouble, that is the worst I have seen so far with AJ lol… just rough…

Last edited:
Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Going South

Watched the first season off high stakes poker and loved it, crazy how Daniel was down 750k but got most of it back by end of Season 1

Crazy moment here when they joke about Freddy going south after leaving the table briefly lol gets crazy dramatic! good times

Last edited:
fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This project is really cool. I wish I could participate, but I can't. Hope you have a great learning curve for poker success!

Last edited:
Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This project is really cool. I wish I could participate, but I can't. Hope you have a great learning curve for poker success!
Thanks Fernando! I am learning a ton, would love to talk about each episode as I go with others but I understand it is a lot to take on! I have already taken quite a lot of notes and I am just starting season 2 of High Stakes Poker!

—-
I can post some things I have seen but don’t want to bore the forum if they aren’t watching the episodes as well. I will definitely post highlight clips when I see them though!

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus Hansen Hits Quads Against Daniel Negreanu | High Stakes Poker