Player Profile

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think of a poker player profile, do you think a poker player should look like a crook; mafia people; people who don't like to work or nerd.
In my opinion the good player must have a solid appearance and good credibility to play poker, the rest is illusion.
Give your opinions:

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What do you think of a poker player profile, do you think a poker player should look like a crook; mafia people; people who don't like to work or nerd.
In my opinion the good player must have a solid appearance and good credibility to play poker, the rest is illusion.
Give your opinions:
The poker player profile of years ago was that of San Farha.
Mafioso face, an elegant and enterprising guy, cigar in hand, a true danddy.
Today, as poker has become a profession for many, I believe that the profile must be above all of an adult and responsible person.
And that he dedicates himself fully to the profession, without hesitation.
Greetings:):):)

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think that poker players should look like anyone, because they can be anyone of any race, sex, ethnicity, age, and so on. In other words they are just people you will see anywhere any time of the day, who all happen to enjoy playing poker.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Give your opinions:

'You need to understand that everything you do at the poker table conveys information. You can't be like all loosey-goosey having a sandwich..'

Guess that applies to attire and appearance too, but only so far. however it seems I'm probably misunderstanding your premise as to me your initial suggestions come across as outdated or stereotypical and the opinion you go on to proffer appears vague, ambiguous and fluffy.

There are probably generalised ways we can assess players by visual appearance alone but only by hypothesis which could very easily be far wide of the mark! ;)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The appearance of the player, his gender, personal preferences and habits are essentially irrelevant. Only skills, experience, patience and luck are important. Any player's profile can be anything, but we will always judge a player's success based on his results.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Today's good poker players look like model students who spend their time studying, doing exercises and asking lots of questions :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What differs one player from another is the technical skills and the time spent learning the game, the profile can change from one person to another.

Adi1899

Adi1899

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A poker player should be himself :) but in a live game he should have a hundred faces not 50:ROFLMAO:

poweROFLuck

poweROFLuck

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You can be normal and try to hide some facial expressions etc

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
several profiles play poker, I think a good player should be confident enough to appear the way he thinks suits him the most

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the player profile sometimes says some information about the player but you can't find out full information about the player sometimes players use a special profile of a weak player to think he is weak and pressured but in fact he is a strong player so sometimes you can be deceived just look at the player's performance and his result so you can see exactly what kind of player he is

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Give your opinions:
In real life, anyone can be a poker player, from a schoolboy to a retired grandmother. In movies, it is customary to portray poker players as real machos who know how to take risks. I do not agree with you that a player must have a solid appearance and a good reputation. In order to be a poker player, neither appearance nor authority is needed.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Size is all that matters... Stack size, that is. I don't spend too much time putting together a person's background at the table as much as I do their personality, that is if they have one. What I mean is a player is going to give away more in their mannerisms and betting patterns than any kind of aesthetic quality, imo.
If you go back and watch Dneg's in some of the early WPT and wsop footage he dresses in a nice shirt, nice watch, and shaved somewhat. Now he looks like a driver for some racing team sponsored by the Duck Dynasty fellers... No offense. Remember when Doyle didn't wear the "cowboy" hat or Scotty Nguyen had only 1 necklace? I don't know where I'm going w/this. I think I got stuck in a flashback.
Anyway, it's all smoke and mirrors for the untrained eye. ;) :cool: