Player interaction with the audience

S

SheldonMS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Scenario. FT live tournament.
A player gets up from the table all the time and goes to discuss hands with people in the audience. What do you think? I don't think it should be allowed.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he knows them or just trying to make new friends. Why not?

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A player gets up from the table all the time and goes to discuss hands with people in the audience. What do you think? I don't think it should be allowed.
You're probably right. Who knows what information is being passed around the audience and then back to the other players.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven’t seen this before on a video, didn’t see anyone doing it at my last tournament, I imagine it would annoy the game directors and the players alike for many reasons, but I could be wrong. I’m sure there is even rules against doing it, but I just don’t know…I think it’s one thing If you have to go to the bathroom etc, but to constantly get up and chat, that sounds like a tall order for everyone at the table to cool with lol

I know I would hear comments from players if I kept getting up during a game and left the table, no matter the reason lol

Last edited:
S

SheldonMS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I saw this in a big tournament (+-$100k for the champion) and no action was taken against it. I found the player's attitude unsportsmanlike.:mad::mad::mad:

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as the player does not overly impact the speed of play, this activity is fine. It does not violate the one person to a hand rule. With higher $$ tournaments where participants are likely to have a supporting rail, it does happen a bit but remember that televised tournaments only show the 'big' hands where a player may end up out of their seat and at the rail.