Phill Helmuth what do you think ???

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, this thread is two years old? But anyway......Phil had a spectacular year in '06 with 8 cashes at the World Series, 4 top ten finishes, and cashing in over a million $, not to mention the record tying 10th bracelet. He doesn't play many other tournaments than the WSOP and the WPT, but I'd rather see an attitude like Hellmuth over Kaplan any day. If everyone was as nice as Danny Negreanu then there would be no point. ThaT would be boring...don't you think?

i know its 2 years old but ive only just fount the forum again and after posting this up, i was interested in finiding out a few years on if he still had the goods

i guess anyone who wins a bracelet these's days is a true legend more and more players trying for the big bucks, and poker is such a lucky game, sometimes you make mistakes these top pro's like phil just seem to be able to lay stuff down, reading everything infact most of its mind reading

cheers for the reply anyway :D

S

SuzyQII

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil complains

Hello. I saw Phil H. play yesterday and the comments were: He does draw a crowd, he does complain about everything, get him ten feet from a poker table and he turns into a nice guy - go figure!

MackemMan

MackemMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well I might just be in the minority here but I think PH is one the all time greats. His table manners are a little off putting but that is part of his persona.

MackemMan :D

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i know its 2 years old but ive only just fount the forum again and after posting this up, i was interested in finiding out a few years on if he still had the goods
No, don't worry about it buddy, I was just pointing it out, and I'm glad I got to post Hellmuth stats in it. That's what he pays me for. lol ;)

slipknot4life

slipknot4life

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Favortite Quote, "if it were not for luck i would win alot more of these tournaments" lol

D

diesel54304

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil H

Well, as a poker player, Phil is one of the best ever. But as someone to have at your table, he's the biggest piece of hmmmm.....dog poo.....to have around, to put it nicely.

C

Cloverluck

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I give him credit for being good, but if he were as great as he thinks himself to be then he'd understand that probabilities will not always favor the stronger hands he usually goes in with; do you see Ferguson crying after a bad beat? No, because he understands the twists of poker. Also, he gives poker a bs name by trying to be the "bad boy" of poker, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard; just play the game without trying to enhance persona.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just read an article in Poker Player by Phil. He had just watched one of his tirades on the late night NBC poker after Dark show.

He was very gracious in his apology to the other players.

I too am a bit facinated by Phil. Would not enjoy playing him without starting with a big handicap advantage. Because as I watched this guy I realized he was good.

I bumped him up a step after reading his apology. CardPlayer mag. (2-14-07).

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to be its obvious he's trying to act really strong all the time, but getting called with Ace rag makes me smile when he ask's why the hell you call with that

i think he's plays similair to the devil fish, people think your bluffing more than the majority so they call more knowing that they have good odds that then can out flop him

but when's he hot not sure there is a better player and i think his record shows this, Ferguson is just solid luv his style never gets flustered never seems to break sweat

gus hanson is proberly the luckiest player out there REAL GAMBLER sod it les play with jack all type poker

but i agreee Helmuth is at the top id like to see him on the final table this year see how the other cope

L

lennyhamm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate to admit it but i have his book and a couple dvds, very basic and very tight aggressive, but he is my fav pro. for sale ph book and dvds cheap!!!!! jk

W

Warui Guy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you think he got knocked the hell out on more than 1 occasion ? And I mean physically. His fists cant back up his mouth.