Nottingham live @ Dusk til Dawn

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys, so I am back in Nottingham on Friday for the £60 buy in £150k gtd Grand prix, I have been once before in December 2018 and I loved every second.

Its Europe's biggest card room and is poker exclusive. Train is booked, hotel booked and I have bought in for the tournament. On a side note I played my first game of poker 5th March 2018 shortly after my Mum passed away, since then nearly everybody else decided to either leave or die, Wife, friends, relatives so I have almost nothing left but poker............and you know what that suits me fine I was born for this.

People (naysayers) ask me what I will do if my plan A fails, "whats plan B?" How can plan A fail if plan A is to play poker everyday because it makes me happy and I feel fulfilled, which I have done live and online since the first day I played barring about 5 days maximum, even if its a quick sit n go, even if I deal to a guy on the bus I must play.

I no nothing but poker, hardly even watch football anymore unless I'm betting on it, I literally heard of this corona thing 2 days ago and I have no idea about which probably fictional terrorist group I'm supposed to be scared of this year. I do know something though, I'm 2/1 to hit this flush right now and he is giving me 6/1.

I've spent the last 2 years working 12 hour nights 4 days a week and I quit February 13th(last straw for my wife she hates poker because of my obsession) , I am going to play everyday until I depart this realm. Dreams come true. Be careful what you wish for though because by my dreams coming true I had to suffer losses and pain, I won't bluff here I have had a few nights were the tears stung these last few weeks but nothing a pair of Aces won't fix.

Thanks for listening guys hope to see you in Nottingham this Weekend Hopefully Sunday Final table :D

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey man - I'm not sure whether to congratulate you for doggedly pursuing your dream or to cry at what seems to have been a really tough two years.

Good luck at the tables and in life!

Organize a Home Poker Game