No friend on the table

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since the beginning of year 2020 when I started my journey in Cambodia for my live game grinding, I have made lots of friends here. Some are really good fellas while some are just suckers of wanting to suck me.

I just took a five days off from the felt to holiday with my GF and spend some thought of my passed three weeks of grinding. Recap of how I play, my table image, trash talking, table selection...etc.
I came to realize that I have some soft spot for my friend if we are playing together. I will tend to go easy on them whenever we engage in a hand which always don’t end well, for me.
And if I avoid engaging them, I’m losing opportunity to win a hand.

So now, after the rest I’m now back to intense grinding. Made up my mind and fine tuning my play.
No more friendship on the table.
No more going easy.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You re exactly right. No friendships at the table and the other side should know that. I also tend to instinctively go easy on my friends, not even wanting to but still end up feeling bad if i win in a hand against them. I removed that from my game long time ago though. Its the worst thing you can do for yourself or your friend. In first instance, your friend doesnt go easy on you and you shouldnt be a sucker and go easy on them. Or the second one, you dont want to go easy if you like them, because if you like them you want them to learn and the best way to learn is from ones own failures.

P

Pepepep10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since the beginning of year 2020 when I started my journey in Cambodia for my live game grinding, I have made lots of friends here. Some are really good fellas while some are just suckers of wanting to suck me.

I just took a five days off from the felt to holiday with my GF and spend some thought of my passed three weeks of grinding. Recap of how I play, my table image, trash talking, table selection...etc.
I came to realize that I have some soft spot for my friend if we are playing together. I will tend to go easy on them whenever we engage in a hand which always don’t end well, for me.
And if I avoid engaging them, I’m losing opportunity to win a hand.

So now, after the rest I’m now back to intense grinding. Made up my mind and fine tuning my play.
No more friendship on the table.
No more going easy.
Wanting to suck you?

Vadim_King

Vadim_King

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I support the author, in a serious game, everyone is for himself and there is no place for sentimentality. However, with real friends you can always play poker for fun, without money and get no less pleasure from the process itself :)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good for you, for taking the time to reflect on your game. This is the only way to improve!

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournament poker 1 players gain is every players loss so it really makes no sense to be nice to a friend,and even checking the board down could be considered collusion.I hate to imagine how often we all fall victim to it without anyone being any the wiser lol.