New Home game

J

Jason Riddell

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys I’m looking at starting a Friday night game at home with a few mates. All chips are going to be worth $1 buy in is $20 there will be about 10-15 players. How many chips should I give each player. And no buy in’s.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys I’m looking at starting a Friday night game at home with a few mates. All chips are going to be worth $1 buy in is $20 there will be about 10-15 players. How many chips should I give each player. And no buy in’s.

Confusing. If all chips are worth $1 then they get 20 Chips for $20.

So first off you probably want to declare it is a tournament. In which case the entry is fixed, and you can give everyone the same stacks to start.

I hope you mean no re-buys.

You might want to study up on it before you confuse yourself into a money mess.

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jason,

Check out this thread in the forum: Your Complete Guide to Poker Chips & Creating the Perfect Stacks

It gives lots of info about chip stacks, setting up a home game, etc.

I've hosted quite a few home games and it is VERY important to be organized and make sure everyone understands the buy-in, are rebuys allowed, blind/ante structure, etc. No matter how close you are with your mates, when you bring money into the picture, things can get dicey.

If any of your mates have hosted home games, ask them for advice. Or, once you've made it through your first home game, ask your mates for suggestions. Was the blind structure good? Was the buy-in too low/high? Should you allow re-buys? How long should you allow re-buys?

Home games are great fun and can be really helpful to developing your game. Have fun and good luck!

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to participate of this home game can I?

H

hooble1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's nothing wrong with $1 chips, as long as it's fixed limit games. Doesn't have to be a tournament either, you simply don't need to have super deep stacks in limit games.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Jason,

Check out this thread in the forum: Your Complete Guide to Poker Chips & Creating the Perfect Stacks

It gives lots of info about chip stacks, setting up a home game, etc.

I've hosted quite a few home games and it is VERY important to be organized and make sure everyone understands the buy-in, are rebuys allowed, blind/ante structure, etc. No matter how close you are with your mates, when you bring money into the picture, things can get dicey.

If any of your mates have hosted home games, ask them for advice. Or, once you've made it through your first home game, ask your mates for suggestions. Was the blind structure good? Was the buy-in too low/high? Should you allow re-buys? How long should you allow re-buys?

Home games are great fun and can be really helpful to developing your game. Have fun and good luck!
Here is the link to that thread: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/live-poker-75/your-complete-guide-poker-chips-creating-381111/

There is also a link to our extensive guides and chip count charts. Can't go wrong!

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You have already been told about the article here about chips, but there is another one in the CC Strategy Articles on How to Organize a Home Game. The article covers chips, timers, stakes, blind structures, playing surfaces, etc.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games